test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Past Event Ships

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
Is there anyway to get past event ships?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,523 Arc User
    Phoenix Prize Pack Epic token - odds are worse than lock box ships, my guess is somewhere between a 1 in 500 and 1 in 1,000 chance. You'll get a lifetime supply of gear upgrade tokens in the process.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Phoenix_Prize_Pack

Mudd's Market choice packs

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Zen_Store/Mudd's_Market

• Options
    howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    The phoenix epic has some, or in the Mudds market
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Phoenix Prize Pack Epic token - odds are worse than lock box ships, my guess is somewhere between a 1 in 500 and 1 in 1,000 chance. You'll get a lifetime supply of gear upgrade tokens in the process.

I just want 1 epic token...1! "sighs" I'm a person who hasn't gotten a lock box ship since the original t5 tal shiar ships were added to the game
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User

The only problem with Phoenix Prize ships, is they do not unlock for the whole account.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    As mentioned... the older event ships (up to mid-2018 or so) are in the Phoenix pack, newer ones in Mudd's.

The ones in the Ultra-Rare tier of the Phoenix pack are from the 2014 Anniversary event and earlier, prior to the introduction of Tier 6. They are Tier 5.

----

As for the odds: this is why I have suggested that one solution for the dilithium issue, could be allowing a trade-up option with Phoenix tokens, which would result in guaranteed (and possibly cheaper, depending on details of how the trade-up works) access to the Phoenix ships. I think this would increase the demand for Phoenix packs in general, even if it's cheaper to get the ships than it currently is, because right now a lot of people don't go after them because they see the cost as prohibitive.

The main problems are that there isn't too much to get and that the devs have abandoned the phoenix pack for greed. Most people only use the packs for the superior upgrade tokens...there just isn't anything really good and the devs don't care
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I was hoping they would add so that if you get an event ship for summer/winter and it's a repeat you can choose a previous one to unlock for your account.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    I was hoping they would add so that if you get an event ship for summer/winter and it's a repeat you can choose a previous one to unlock for your account.

That would never happen: the summer/winter event ships (and the anniversary event ship) are always new each year, so there is no opportunity to get a repeat.

Would be nice if they had the Event ships from before the introduction of the Mudd's Market made available there (such as the Breen ships).
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,530 Arc User
    Mudds market, even during sales, is nothing but a whale's market. A lot (probably even most) of F2P players struggle to purchase single T6 ships at regular c-store prices (if they can even manage that). Bundles are unequivocally off the table for those of us in that situation no matter how big the sale is.

The phoenix store is often the only chance to get a ship outside of whatever the current event T6 is (though the year long event campaigns in the last few years help with that a bit for the more common ships, but unfortunately not a lot of the rarer alien ones).
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    As mentioned... the older event ships (up to mid-2018 or so) are in the Phoenix pack, newer ones in Mudd's.

The ones in the Ultra-Rare tier of the Phoenix pack are from the 2014 Anniversary event and earlier, prior to the introduction of Tier 6. They are Tier 5.

----

As for the odds: this is why I have suggested that one solution for the dilithium issue, could be allowing a trade-up option with Phoenix tokens, which would result in guaranteed (and possibly cheaper, depending on details of how the trade-up works) access to the Phoenix ships. I think this would increase the demand for Phoenix packs in general, even if it's cheaper to get the ships than it currently is, because right now a lot of people don't go after them because they see the cost as prohibitive.

The main problems are that there isn't too much to get and that the devs have abandoned the phoenix pack for greed. Most people only use the packs for the superior upgrade tokens...there just isn't anything really good and the devs don't care

I think this thread proves the point that there actually IS demand for the Phoenix ships, just that right now the randomness and high odds are seen as prohibitively expensive so the people who want them are not willing to do what it takes.

Giving better access - even though it would make the ships cheaper - may actually increase dil spending overall, because more people would see this as achievable.

They don't care...all they care about is money, which is why they abandoned the box and made the market
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User

That would never happen: the summer/winter event ships (and the anniversary event ship) are always new each year, so there is no opportunity to get a repeat.

Except the ones they are updating from their original Tier 5 to new Tier 6. :Like they did with a few Risian ships, etc.
  • Options
    soldieralpha99soldieralpha99 Member Posts: 18 Arc User

In fact that was approximately how it worked in the early years, before the greed quotient started its inexorable rise to its current stratospheric heights - you could for example have the winter ship project in progress, but if you didn't finish it before the end of the event you could pick up next year and finish it, and be running the latest ship project as well.

For years now new players have been treated like second class citizens in this game when it comes to gaining account access to ships and items that originally only required actually playing the game on a daily basis, sometimes for as little as five minutes a day. Now they, and for that matter anyone who is unfortunate enough to have missed an event, face gambling a small fortune in dilithium just for a chance to aquire a ship for a single character versus using it fill all their other regular needs never mind for conversion to Zen.

I honestly stopped recommending this game to anyone years ago, not because it is a poor game by any means, but because of the price you have to be willing to pay if you actually want access to things like the iconic TV/movie ships that probably attract most new players in the first place.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    In fact that was approximately how it worked in the early years, before the greed quotient started its inexorable rise to its current stratospheric heights - you could for example have the winter ship project in progress, but if you didn't finish it before the end of the event you could pick up next year and finish it, and be running the latest ship project as well.

For years now new players have been treated like second class citizens in this game when it comes to gaining account access to ships and items that originally only required actually playing the game on a daily basis, sometimes for as little as five minutes a day. Now they, and for that matter anyone who is unfortunate enough to have missed an event, face gambling a small fortune in dilithium just for a chance to aquire a ship for a single character versus using it fill all their other regular needs never mind for conversion to Zen.

That's some seriously selective memory you have going on here.

While it was possible to continue a project from a previous event before, these were only ever per character unlocks.

Now, while you can't continue a previous event, the reward is almost always account wide, and the requirements to get them are usually simplified versions of TFOs too.

-K
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited November 2021

That's some seriously selective memory you have going on here.

While it was possible to continue a project from a previous event before, these were only ever per character unlocks.

Now, while you can't continue a previous event, the reward is almost always account wide, and the requirements to get them are usually simplified versions of TFOs too.

-K

Exactly when we could continue you needed to run events x the number of toons you had.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Would be nice if they had the Event ships from before the introduction of the Mudd's Market made available there (such as the Breen ships).

Those are the ships that are in the Phoenix store.

Aye, they could have done the same for the current event ships.
This discussion has been closed.