test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crystalline Entity needs more base health/damage resistance.

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
Whatever metabuild is being used, the Crystalline Entity is too easily defeatable now.

Can you please raise the health and/or damage resistance so metamashers don't reduce the CE by 33% in seconds?

My impulse power isn't even off cooldown before the next pulse occurs.
That power doesn't have a significant cooldown, like 10 seconds.

Sometimes I don't even get back to it before the 33% health mark goes to 0.

This is at Advanced Difficulty.

Disclaimer: I am not saying increase the damage output.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I think all of the 'older' enemies need an HP/res boost. Tholians, Borg, CE, etc.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,035 Community Moderator
    The problem with asking for boosts like that is that the last time we had something like that happen... well... the fires of Delta Rising left scars on the lands of the Forum.

Its a delicate balancing act.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    I do not recall what ragefires Delta Rising caused, so can not comment on that.

What I am specifically talking about is adjusting the CE so 9 players (not counting myself, whose damage is simply “above average”) can’t take away 33% health in something like 5 seconds).

Regular content should be left alone, as that’s usually one player solo.

I did play the CE back before it became a cakewalk, so I do remember how challenging this queue used to be.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ooo here's an interesting idea. Change it to 5 players. Will still be very easy but everyone might get a shot off.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    could they simply add an elite form of the event. Or is it already there?
  • Options
    aftulus wrote: »
    could they simply add an elite form of the event. Or is it already there?

There is, but it’s event based, one of the 14 days Daily Conpletion types.
    So the Elite Version is not ingame all the time.

From memory, the last time I faced the Elite CE, even that could not resist the metamonkey damage output.

This discussion has been closed.