test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Device Outputs in game not working?

hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I have tested this by using my headphones and monitor. Setting my monitor in Windows as the default output device and setting my headphones in game as the output device. When set this way, the Victory is Life cinematic audio goes to my monitor instead of my headphones and when the cinematic cuts back to the game, then the game sounds return to my headphones.

I have a work around for it, which is to just switch the default Windows sound device to my headphones, but then that defeats the purpose of using the in game audio output selection. I'm just curious why this is happening. I'm guessing that the cinematics use a different embedded program within STO to handle audio outputs, like Bink Video or something. It doesn't make sense that this would be the case though, as it would mean that if you used the in game audio output selection and set it to a device, but left the Windows default output device set to a different device, then whenever a cinematic played, you wouldn't hear the sound of the cinematic because it was playing on your Windows default device instead of the device that you selected in game.

Any thoughts on this? Is this a bug or do I have to constantly switch my Windows output device back and forth?
“In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock