test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

K.C.S. & E.C.S Ship Name/Registry Prefix is Broken in some fashion??

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
edited October 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11440753

According to the Announcement above, owning the Kobayashi Maru Freighter will unlock a E.C.S registry prefix, which it does.
According to the Announcement above, owning the Tong’Duj Freighter will unlock a K.C.S registry prefix, which it does.

However, owning the Tong’Duj Freighter also unlocks a K.C.S ship name prefix yet we do not get a E.C.S. name prefix from the Kobayashi Maru Freighter.
So, one of these items is bugged...

Either:
  • we get K.C.S. & E.C.S. as name prefixes as well as registry prefixes;
    OR
  • the K.C.S. name prefix shouldn't have been made available.

Personally, I suggest releasing the E.C.S. name prefix on Federation Ships as we know from Enterprise that "E.C.S." prefix for freighter ships was a thing.
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I like to add, that the prefix/shipnames are also broken in another way.
    Whenever I change the name of one of my ships (including all of my characters and all factions), the free space between the prefix and the name itself disapears.
    So the U.S.S. SHIPNAME becomes the U.S.S.SHIPNAME.
    I know that's just a minor issue, but it looks really stupid on the ships hull and kinda ruins my immersion, especially on TOS style ships, which prefixes and shipnames are rather big and prominently visible on the hull.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Klingon ships don’t use registry numbers, and the ships were released before cross-faction flying was a thing...

I don’t think a KCS registry number would add any Barbie or immersion for me either. And I would rather the developers use the time to fix something like the voyager interior with the giant black pyramid, The Connie doffs on the floor, the stranded in space accolades, etc. But that’s just my opinion.
    post a few pics here so we and the devs can see it.
    I just tried to upload a few screenshots, but it seems the forum don't support direct uploads anymore. :/
    Or did I just miss something?
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    ...but it seems the forum don't support direct uploads anymore.
    Did it ever? I don't remember...
    Anyway, getting back to the point, many of us use imgur.com to upload images and then use the bbcode provided to add the image to the forum.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    edited November 2021
    Did it ever? I don't remember...
    Well, that's how I did it previously.
    However, I gave Imgur a try... (Thanks for the hint)

The first image shows how it's supposed to look:
    3nT346K.jpg

The second image shows how it is:
    bTK9mBy.jpg

The third image shows a list of some ships, the lowermost 2 of them got their names changed recently:
    NZ6u9AR.jpg
    Post edited by lemminger83 on
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Aye, there's definitely a space needed in there, but does it affect all ships, just TOS skins, or only the Legendary Miranda?
    If you switch to a different Miranda skin, does it restore the space, or does it still need to be inserted?
    Aye, there's definitely a space needed in there, but does it affect all ships, just TOS skins, or only the Legendary Miranda?
    If you switch to a different Miranda skin, does it restore the space, or does it still need to be inserted?
    As I said earlier, this issue effects all ships on all of my characters, of all factions.
    I used TOS ships to illustrate it, because the shipnames are eminently present on those ships. You just can't not see it, once the prefix and name cover half of the primary hull.
    If you take a look at the 3rd image I've posted, you'll see that not only that Miranda class, but also an Odyssey class ship is affected.
    The reason, the 2 lowermost ships are the affected ones, is solely because those are the ones which names I changed recently.
    Chaning the skin does not affect this issue in any way.
    It is also impossible to just insert a free space in front of the ship name. The game doesn't allow this.
    And I've seen this bug on other players ships as well. So I'm clearly not the only one who's affected by this.
    qc13grtl44vw.png