test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elite Captain Training Token - No Button In Status To Use Token

sythkainynsythkainyn Member Posts: 39 Arc User
This is the problem I had. I bought a 3x pack of Elite Captain Training Tokens (for reasons). The first one I tried to use worked fine, my main Fed faction guy level 65 and so on... The third token worked fine, my main Romulan (Fed) faction guy level 65 and so on... The second one however (having gone to try the third to see if it was just a glitch), no button in the status screen under the character portrait to activate the upgrade.

Kdf faction level 65, been played for years, has all the little 'locked' slightly darkened boxes that are supposed to unlock. (for people confused with the token 'stealing' the fleet unlock traits, unless your REPUTATION [ground, space and active ability] and/or SHIP TRAIT slots are vanishing when you use this token that unlocks PERSONAL traits in ground and space... then it is not stealing any slots, they unlock entirely separate sections of traits.)
The button under the character portrait the you need to USE the token however... completely absent. Not just dark and unclick able, but completely not there. I tried moving to other ground locations, logging out and back in, shutting the game down and restarting, trying a different day, changing characters, nothing would make the button show up... so I messaged support...

How I fixed it...
After a few days (by which time I've usually heard something back from support, but didn't get anything other than the auto message until I sent in my apparent fix and at which point they suggested I mention this on the forums...) I realized I hadn't looked to see if the button showed on my other kdf people... so I checked...and it did... the only real noticeable difference I could find is that the ones that had a button had all done the newer First Mission in the First Episode tab of the KDF missions. My first and main Kdf character has been around since the game went Free to Play, and I'd never redone the current First Mission... As soon as I had completed it, the button showed up...
So for those of you who have a character that doesn't even have the button, especially on older character from a previous set of First Mission/First Episode tabs (as the kdf have gone through at least one, and I believe two First Episode and Tutorial revisions, maybe three and I although it didn't change much, the Feds have had at least one revision when they started giving a very rare bridge officer during the tutorial). Make sure you've play at least the First Mission of the First Episode tab... Honestly, with as many characters as were already around at the time, this seems a silly bug/issue to have yet it exists.

Summary: Level 65 Character has no Upgrade button under character portrait for Elite Captain token, then Play First Mission from First Episode tab...and it should show up.
Tagged: