test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Federation Presidents Message PLEASE STOP

toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
I'm very use to sitting in ESD space and just running random TFO's. I do this to allow my powers and skills time to cooldown between runs. However every single time I spawn in ESD Space, if it be from being on Spacedock doing ground stuff, or warping back in from a TFO, the Federation President's message plays and it's so long and the echo makes it sound so bad that it's absolutely annoying to the fact I Tab out of the game just to stop the sound. This needs a Flag so it's only played once for a character THEY NEVER HEAR IT AGAIN while the event is ongoing. When it starts again next year fine play it, BUT ONLY ONCE!!!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    My Terran captains are ready to send a full spread of torpedoes his way if Okeg doesn't shut up already ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    All you have to do is close the window and it stops
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    All you have to do is close the window and it stops

No, it doesn't. It might be me playing on proton on steam, but mine keeps repeating even after leaving the instance. 8)

He follows you everywhere!!
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    I could not agree more. I defy anyone to explain how it's necessary for him to start yapping every time you load the Sol system.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    My Terran captains are ready to send a full spread of torpedoes his way if Okeg doesn't shut up already ...

too bad we don't have a tantalus field device
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Don't use sol as your "hey look at me in my expensive ship aren't I cool" spot,

problem solved.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    To quote Dr McCoy in STVI: "I'd give real money if he'd shut up!"
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    He shows up at DS9 as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I could not agree more. I defy anyone to explain how it's necessary for him to start yapping every time you load the Sol system.

He is a politician, they love to hear their own voice lol.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    For me, as soon as I close the window, his voice stops.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Same for me, but the fact remain that OP is right: there's no need to have it play everytime you load Sol or DS9. Once per character is more than enough. I'd argue that once per account is enough, really, but I'll take once per character, if it gets the job done.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    ktanner3#8874 ktanner3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I agree, it's highly annoying. Just hit "thank you Mr. president" and he goes away.
  • Options
    flintl0ck33flintl0ck33 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    As an extra incentive to make you listen he has bribed orbital control as well. Until you thank him you don't get the DOCK option appear :smile:
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    aftulus wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. It might be me playing on proton on steam, but mine keeps repeating even after leaving the instance. 8)

Something about that doesn't sound right. The audio SHOULD stop after you close the window. Unless you're instance hopping IN Sol System, then under the current setup it would pop up in every instance because its treating you loading each instance of Sol as a new arrival. Now if you're saying this is happening in Sector Space or other maps besides Sol and DS9... then you would have a legit issue. But as I said, if you're just trying to instance hop within Sol to get away from it... it ain't gonna work and you're just triggering the prompt yourself under the conditions of "Enter Sol System".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    aftulus wrote: »

Something about that doesn't sound right. The audio SHOULD stop after you close the window. Unless you're instance hopping IN Sol System, then under the current setup it would pop up in every instance because its treating you loading each instance of Sol as a new arrival. Now if you're saying this is happening in Sector Space or other maps besides Sol and DS9... then you would have a legit issue. But as I said, if you're just trying to instance hop within Sol to get away from it... it ain't gonna work and you're just triggering the prompt yourself under the conditions of "Enter Sol System".

It's actually VERY easy to replicate the issue aftulus is experiencing, all you have to do is leave the instance without closing the window first and Okeg will keep talking until finished no matter where you go, with no way to shut him up at that point.

It's equally easy to avoid though, just close the window before going somewhere else.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Makes me feel like throwing Mr President in the airlock!
    Better yet on the AGONIZING machine ! :):D
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    Don't use sol as your "hey look at me in my expensive ship aren't I cool" spot,

problem solved.

Cop-out.
    sniper1187 wrote: »

He is a politician, they love to hear their own voice lol.

All too true.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Same for me, but the fact remain that OP is right: there's no need to have it play everytime you load Sol or DS9. Once per character is more than enough. I'd argue that once per account is enough, really, but I'll take once per character, if it gets the job done.

And there's no need for that spam landing zone showing up on every toon change, yet Cryptic does it anyway. Would it really kill them to add an 'Already shown this session' flag to their programming?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    If it didn't play constantly the day the event ended you could count on someone complaining they didn't get the achievement, and that someone should have told them about it. Still, "Thank you Mr. President". Done.
    Post edited by horridperson on
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    meimeitoo wrote: »

And there's no need for that spam landing zone showing up on every toon change, yet Cryptic does it anyway. Would it really kill them to add an 'Already shown this session' flag to their programming?

Ugh, the landing zone is uselesse 9 times out of 10. But at this point, I seriously doubt they have the technical knowledge to do anything different.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I think that they should tie it to the accolade.

Character has visited the ships and got the accolade? President doesn't talk to you.
  • Options
    I think that they should tie it to the accolade.

Character has visited the ships and got the accolade? President doesn't talk to you.

Sounds reasonable.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    +1 When my new AoY captain met B'Vat and his Doomsday Machine, he was tempted to cut a deal for B'Vat to assassinate Okeg, just to shut President Chatterbox up.

He didn't, of course. But he thought about it! :)

I enjoyed the Museum and the displays. It was a nice thoughtful gesture from the Devs, and was appreciated! But the next time a Na'Kuhl is about to assassinate Okeg, I think I'll pick that moment to ask the Tellarite lass to get me a drink. You know, preemptively for next year. :)

@meimeitoo: I wholeheartedly agree with you about the stupid landing page!
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Was there a museum outside of those ships in orbit around the major planets?
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    No, sorry, aftulus. I meant the display of ships AS a museum. Poor phraseology on my part. System space would, in effect, be the museum, and the ships would be displays within it. I intended "museum" as shorthand for the idea, but my explanation has now become even more long-winded. :(
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Back in my day, we only elected founding members as Starfleet's president, seems strange how the humans kept winning, we deduced that it was rigged somehow, it was the 2250s mind you, so we couldn't logically prove it was rigged with the technology we had back then.
This discussion has been closed.