test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My chars got the STO pestilence, what to do???

bigduke66bigduke66 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Hi
first I saw this with my new TOS char, changing maps made the game add the strategic maneuvers to the quick access toolbar. But not only that it toyed around with the space abilities of my Char and changed them to what the game seems to like.

Now my Fed has captured the same pestilence, but that seems to have been trigger my the removal of an active shuttle. Suddenly all personal ground & space abilities and the starship abilities were gone.

What the TRIBBLE is wrong with this game?!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Traits randomly resetting has been an issue for a LONG time, it's always best to set them in space and always double check them after switching ships for any reason.

As for the actionbar, the only way to get around the game filling it up with stuff you don't want is to go to a different tab of the actionbar and drop all the unwanted abilities thewre, and then go back to your normal actionbar tab. Once you do that the game will stop filling the bar up with junk on that character.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,778 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Removing the shuttle probably flagged a change in the loadout (if you have one saved it will say "unsaved changes" next to it, but the default loadout never says anything), which caused the system to dink around trying to "fix" the mismatch.

It is an old problem that only lately has gotten so bad that the first thing you need to do after setting up the bar but before changing maps is to save the loadout to a named slot on the loadout tab or at random times it shuffles things on map changes.
  • pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Preaching to the choir.
    This. Is. A. Plague.
    On all our houses.

I kept hoping one day they'd fix traits suddenly disappearing, traits purchased but not showing in our traits lists, weapons/consoles randomly vanishing from ship equipment slots etc.

But then I gave up.

Accept the game is broken or go insane hoping for a fix that never comes.

Those are pretty much the only options STO gives you right now and for the foreseeable future......

Oh btw, a workaround for abilities that populate in your tray where you don't want them.

Add a new power tray, one more than you need, and add those powers to that tray then hide the tray again.

Technically they're populated on a tray, and don't tend to replace themselves in other trays if they're slotted, so is kind of like tricking the bug. Sort of.

I use this for shield distribution power icons. Since I use keyboard keys to redistribute power to any direction or to all shields I don't use them in a tray. So when they automatically show up in my trays after I've removed them it's very annoying. Adding them to an additional hidden tray is my way of getting rid of those icons in the trays I am using.

Otherwise I'll just remove them, switch maps or something, and a few minutes later they show back up in my primary power trays. Over and over and over again......
This discussion has been closed.