test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HEY Cryptic!!! FIX OUR UNIFORMS!!!

monkeyboy11amonkeyboy11a Member Posts: 15 Arc User
This is just a quick rant and a plea to Cryptic. After all the patches this week, I've finally reached a limit when it comes to these visually bugged uniforms. I've noticed these more on my female toons using the feminine stance. The antares and sierra uniforms have issues with overlapping textures where the female models skin will protrude through the uniform like it has holes. The rank pins and badges sink in and out of the uniforms as well. Especially in the feminine stances. This happens on both regular and open versions. The Dyson, Miner, LOBI mirror universe uniforms have issues as well. On male toons the short sleeved miner uniform is horribly bugged. It's ridiculous now especially with how limited our choices already are in game. So PLEASE Cryptic, pretty please with a cherry on top, please fix the uniform visuals. Right now you guys are doing an AOY, TOS event, yet the TOS uniforms are also messed up on the female toons on feminine stances where the rank on their wrists are cut in half.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    lol Also put a female talaxian in the 23rd century KDF shorts and see what happens. There are a number of tailor bugs that need fixing but keep getting ignored.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • monkeyboy11amonkeyboy11a Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Its incredibly annoying. They're having a mirror universe event and the damn uniforms for it are screwed up too. Bortasque and all the sleeveless. The Disco boots, Its vexing. When the Odyssea uniforms get bugged I'm gone man.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    My klingon in starfleet cant were the 2410 sleeveless Odyssey top. Do to her upper body disapers. It's been that wat for almost a year.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Last I spoke with Kael, bringing up the clipping on some of the mirror uniforms, I even mentioned the longstanding clipping with the Mirror Bortasqu' (a uniform I use on my KDF Orion female). He literally said that they were talking about that right then and there.

So it does sound like they are aware of the issue.

If anyone would like to provide some screenshots of other issues involving uniforms... I'll see if I can pass them along for the Character Artists to look into.

And character art is separate from ship art.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Thats my guess as well. And how the sleeveless tops are modeled vs the non sleeveless. Don't quote me on it, but I think the sleeveless ones are actually modeled on top of a "manaquin" model that is our character's torso, so they're actually two different elements, vs the sleeved ones that are probably actually modeled onto the "manaquin" as part of the torso.

Main reason for that theory is that, like the skirts, at a certain zoom point where the player model goes transparent to see through it, you kinda get a double ghost effect from the sleeveless, showing that there's another model underneath that top. You don't get that from the sleeved ones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Last I spoke with Kael, bringing up the clipping on some of the mirror uniforms, I even mentioned the longstanding clipping with the Mirror Bortasqu' (a uniform I use on my KDF Orion female). He literally said that they were talking about that right then and there.

So it does sound like they are aware of the issue.

If anyone would like to provide some screenshots of other issues involving uniforms... I'll see if I can pass them along for the Character Artists to look into.

And character art is separate from ship art.
    https://www.deviantart.com/darthyodasith/art/Screenshot-2020-10-22-18-19-49-858913282

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The antares and sierra uniforms have issues with overlapping textures where the female models skin will protrude through the uniform like it has holes.

I don't see an issue with this, apparently the ingame models lack nipples, to even be considered NSFW, BTW do female caitians need to wear tops, seems like their goods are covered by fur anyways.
    spielman1 wrote: »
    What about bugs with players saving uniforms and be able to use theme from multiple other characters not of that character i have that issue. My main character has saved uniforms that my alt character can access along with my TOS characters also.

I've noticed that if they're the same species, they do seem to share outfits woth other characters because it saves them based on species.
This discussion has been closed.