What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

📢 FYI: Red Alert rewards an Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

13»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Meanwhile, we've had two (maybe three) recent threads that got into discussions of errors in advertising blogs, and every one of those threads ends with a post from Kael insisting that our concerns are based on an inaccurate view of how often such errors have been happening, followed by the thread being closed so that nobody can contradict that statement.

He also made it a forum violation to question the validity of him having his current position.

That's how Cryptic responds to customer concern, think about that when you're taking out your credit card people.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @chastity1337 said:
    > Wargaming is the company that makes World of Tanks, and that's what they are referring to when they say in the first sentence "the game" ?

World of Warships

Ah, OK, thank you. Same company, different game. I've never played any of those.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Meanwhile, we've had two (maybe three) recent threads that got into discussions of errors in advertising blogs, and every one of those threads ends with a post from Kael insisting that our concerns are based on an inaccurate view of how often such errors have been happening, followed by the thread being closed so that nobody can contradict that statement.

He also made it a forum violation to question the validity of him having his current position.

That's how Cryptic responds to customer concern, think about that when you're taking out your credit card people.

Now now...let's be fair here...all we know is that is how Kael views customer concerns. The offical changes to the wording says no such thing directly, it's all Kael that added that bit about the job.

Cryptic is Cryptic; it's their game: they can forbid all critique. But a Community Manager is different. He is a liaison between Cryptic and the players; it's part of his JOB to convey player issues (even those that are about his own performance).

Now, don't get me wrong: I am not after anyone's job; it's not personal. I just want blogs, dates, announcements, rewards, etc, to be what we are told what they were -- especially since they removed the calendar (ironically, as it was as full of errors as the other things that prompted ppl to complain in the first place). Allowing for human mistakes, of course; but I think we are getting into weird territory when the player base is getting told it's verboten to convey their dissatisfaction on how things are currently handled by their current liaison.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2021

Now now...let's be fair here...all we know is that is how Kael views customer concerns. The offical changes to the wording says no such thing directly, it's all Kael that added that bit about the job.

It’s not ‘official,’ it’s just an addendum by the person that controls the forums and it’s moderation staff. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, my ticket was pretty much closed. They told me to track this issue on the forums, but apparently there is no official answer. So... what? are they just going to ignore this, and hope it goes away? Sure, they can do that, but that will just guarantee I will not spend money on this game. I did buy the original game so many years ago, so I guess that's all they will get from me. Cheers.

Many of us have gone to the not spending money route...yes. CS in this game is BEYOND worthless. EVERYTHING is a bug and the devs have to fix it...IF YOU ARE LUCKY. If not, they might BAN you for daring to complain. And yes, they will continue to ignore it and hopes it goes away...because it's worked for them so far. Until a lawsuit happens, they won't care.

Yeah - whilst not completely unheard of, admittance of mistakes made/apologies from The Powers That Be are pretty rare.

In contrast, this is a very recent 'press release' from Wargaming:
    Dear players,

Lately a lot of you have been upset with various incidents, our decisions, as well as a general state of things in the game and community. Before we continue, we want to apologize to all of you, players, content creators, moderators, testers, and other volunteers, to those who support us and those disappointed with us. Everything that happens within the game and the community is our responsibility, and we are sorry that we let the situation come to its current state.

We want to take this opportunity to be more transparent about how we will take actions to improve our internal processes and our relationship with you. It will be a long read, you will see items of different scales and with different times required to see results. No doubt more news and announcements will follow, so please don't treat this as a final plan and the ultimate solution to everything. Instead, please treat it as a list of things we're currently working on and a way to show our intentions to make the game and community a better place. Also, please note that it is not comprehensive, as many other measures are revolving around internal processes.
    It also went on to explain how they plan to address these issues.

I know Wargaming caused the problem for themselves but to be frank, regardless of that, it's refreshing to see a gaming company listen to feedback and say "hey, we messed up - we admit that and we're sorry" instead of "Oh no. Anyway...."

Wargaming is the company that makes World of Tanks, and that's what they are referring to when they say in the first sentence "the game" ?

not just them Ludia will drop rewards in Jurassic World Online for even something as trivial as an extended maintenance outage.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I don't think I've ever seen a game community so close to open revolt discuss things in a manner so calm and matter-of-fact.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    I don't think I've ever seen a game community so close to open revolt discuss things in a manner so calm and matter-of-fact.

It happened in Defiance years ago when they made a change that was almost universally hated by the players. In that particular case it did not go well, and a lot of people left the game (for instance the clan I was in had several hundred active members and there were always around a dozen or so on before the change but only a few stayed afterwards).

Obviously that is not happening here, but the point is while there were a few histrionic posters most used relatively calm rational arguments in an attempt to get the game company to change it back.
This discussion has been closed.