test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multiple crashes while transporting to First City, ESD, and DS9.

trmoureytrmourey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I saw the tweet that states some characters are having an issue with loading into First City and they are looking into it. My Klingon character is having the same issue. I also read that someone is having an issue loading into DS9, and now one of my characters is having a crash issue when loading into Earth Space Dock. Just want the people working on this to have all of the facts… hopefully this gets resolved soon and no one loses their characters.

Comments

• Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I've had issues with DS9 crashing since I started playing last year. I send in the error report w/ video clip via the PlayStation reporting system that pops up whenever the game crashes. My problems with crashing when loading into First City started happening after they revamped it for the Klingon Recruitment. If you're having issues with ESD (I haven't in the past, but I haven't been to ESD since before this most recent update... so maybe I will in the future), I'm noticing a pattern.

It seems that places with "old maps" that have been revamped are the common link. ESD was revamped in the past, and so was DS9, both before my time playing. And once they revamped First City, I (and others I've spoken to in Zone Chat in the past few months), it started crashing as well. Maybe there's something in the new versions that the old PlayStation 4 can't handle?

I was told that the old maps still exist, they're just spawned/loaded underneath or far off to the side. Perhaps the game's programming sometimes spawns us in the old/wrong location, and the game freaks out and crashes. Or if there's just the right amount of the way too numerous NPCs walking around at just the right moment, the PlayStation's lower memory is like, "Nope! I'm out of here!"
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    trmourey wrote: »
    I saw the tweet that states some characters are having an issue with loading into First City and they are looking into it.

;-P

• Options
    darkprince713darkprince713 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    That just address Qo'nos but not ESD and DS9. I was in the middle of fighting the Voth in the Dyson sphere when I got a game crash and couldn't get back in in order to get the rewards. Everything was working fine until i downloaded the update/patch for House United.
  • Options
    Its terrible. All the characters I had on Qo'nos are totally unusable now. I need them for the event. Test the patches before you release them cryptic! They break more than they fix, seriously!
  • Options
    > @"fullmetalaviator#9834" said:
    > Its terrible. All the characters I had on Qo'nos are totally unusable now. I need them for the event. Test the patches before you release them cryptic! They break more than they fix, seriously!

Yeah its something terrible... everything was working fine for me and then House United was released and now... its broken! 😭 I wonder if they'll give out credit towards the event since it's broken? Or at least extend the time to complete
  • Options
    dtigerr#0622 dtigerr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The First city and DS9 already had issues for me before House United, once in a while it would crash when docking or beaming from the klingon academy, with my Klingon I just avoided the First City as much as possible and with DS9 just making sure you don't log out in the station seems to work.
    Before the patch just logging back in after a crash always worked, but now it crashes again and again at the end of the loading bar (loading the First City). After waiting for about an hour I finally managed to get my Klingon out of the First City, and I think I'll park it somewhere safe until this issue is resolved and before he ends up like La Forge and Laren...and instead of a Romulan ship, haunting the First City as a ghost ! :)

ESD only crashed once since the patch (delta recruit character), but could immediately log back in and the character was back at the transporter, and haven't seen a clone of him yet.
  • Options
    protometal77#2604 protometal77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I "lost" use of a KDF toon beaming down to DS9 this morning. At least my other toons are "safe". At least the Dyson Sphere in the Delta Quadrant seems to work as an alternative to have Mail, Bank, Exchange, and ship management access. The Romulan Command Center still works as well. I haven't tried the Flotilla or Fleet Starbases yet.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    My poor Rom had his transporters sabotaged by J'mpok's Loyalists, I guess Qo'noS is off limits now, I haven't loaded up my other toons in case they might be suffering the same fate.
  • Options
    Has anyone tested if this has been fixed/resolved yet? I'd like to play through the new content on my KDF characters, but don't want to take the chance of them to be lost in limbo if I go to Qo'noS: First City.
  • Options
    It hasn't... hopefully the developers will have a fix on the next patch. But they are so far behind. I've been waiting 4 days on a ticket that was submitted because of a crash so it looks like they are inundated with support requests
  • Options
    robsr1967#8084 robsr1967 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    It’s fixed for me.
  • Options
    As of today, I haven't had any crashes loading into DS9 and Qo'noS (never had issues with ESD, luckily). Hopefully I didn't just jinx it, but it seems to be fixed for me as well.

Thank you to the developer/programmer that got it fixed. It was a big "quality of life" problem for a lot of us to not be able to go to the main KDF hub or a big social hub like DS9 without rolling the dice of having the game crash and wait several minutes to reload the game.
  • Options
    So I noticed that all of the random walk-around NPCs from Qo'noS: First City are gone. I KNEW it was a PlayStation 4 not having enough memory to handle everything after the upgraded scenery change! Y'all are welcome. ^_^