test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Be nice if they fixed Quonos Shipyards, or moved Beam to location.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited August 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Simply cause you can still at least see the Starbase in Quonos orbit, even if you can no longer see the Ship Yards near Praxis.

I mean everyone <3 the revisions to the Interior of the Ship Yards they made.

The Ship Yards that used to be near Praxis are now completely invisible.

bYIoTFf.png64VWYAC.png
╘ So makes it hard for some to know where to go to see the beam in point.
╘ Because sometimes if you don't warp in close to Praxis, but closer to the Starbase, or the opposite end it's trickier.

0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    Right now the only thing we can do is turn left toward Praxis and then fly to see you see a Beam to Shipyards; which are hidden or entirely cloaked which is likely a bug since House United first came out...
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    They don't care.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I know we all 'sometimes' have those thoughts run thru our minds, still I hold out Hope they do, as it's always a struggle to prioritize several items to Fix / Correct. Especially while the team also tries to put out new Content, Missions, or updates to other things.

Still it's funny I saw your post, cause just before I noticed a thread you commented on in Console. Though on going back I see you were commenting on the Luxury Cruiser on both PC & Console.

Still always nice to see a new or interesting avatar, with a name you've not recognized before.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Submitted the bug on the Beam to shipyard interact missing in the latest game build to the appropriate team to verify and fix. Going to however need more information on that "The beam-out point at the Klingon Fleet Starbase is also misaligned and has been for ages. " Pictures help.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @westmetals

Perhaps you can help explain it a bit more detail about the Starbase!
    ╘ or the Fleet Klingon Starbase.

@chrian

Perhaps I should clarify, the beam to is still present, the problem is Ship Yard's aren't shown there since House United on 5/25. So if they moved it to where Starbase had been, which is the beam out point now, I'm surprised they didn't move the Beam in Location as well.

My guess about the Fleet Starbase is however, that if you stand in the Center of the Transporter at the Klingon Starbase you have to almost stand beside the Transport Operation to get the beam out button. The Federation Starbase you can speak to Transporter Operator while on the Padd, you can't do that at the Klingon Starbase.

IJtifz7.png

Still I hope that was what he refers to...

Still it was very nice to see a DEV reply. So Thank You!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    the issue seems less like it is invisible and more like that they moved the model for the shipyard but kept the interact point at the same place

2P4U3tY.jpg

Like this

SSV9bo4.jpg

there's a station like this at exit point that looks like it could be the shipyard that's missing but it's not intractable.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yea that's why I suggest they move the Beam to Location to align, cause it seems they moved the Ship Yards sometimes from 5/25 onward.

Hopefully that's helps QA confirm, and DEVs to find a fix for two seperate issues!
    1. They moved Ship Yards beam out spot, just didn't move beam in location.
    2. Second is the dialog on Fleet Klingon Starbase, doesn't prompt while on Transporter padd.

<3
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    What apparently happened is the shipyard model got moved, but the entry point (the door so to speak) did not get moved at the same time. This has happened before, and been fixed, around the time the revamped KDF tutorial went live. (It was the other way around from the way it is now.) And was bug reported a couple times in here quite a while ago.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Maybe they will finally fix this? Probably something else...

• Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Maybe they will finally fix this? Probably something else...

This PS4 crash/bug has been happening since the new "remodeled" Qo'noS was released during the Klingon Recruitment Event. I really hope they fix it. It's a coin flip whenever you enter Qo'noS First City whether you get a blue screen or not. It's especially egregious when you have missions in Qo'noS First City, such as the first few tutorial/beginner missions. I've reported it over and over, and I hope others have as well, but who knows if they look at the PlayStation "report problem" reports. I'd post videos of it happening, but the Share function/recording is reset when the game gets a blue screen.

As for the Klingon Fleet Starbase transporter, I'll work on getting a video uploaded, as I don't have access to the YouTube account tied to the PlayStation account I'm playing on (it's my husband's).
  • Options
    blckwulf2501#8889 blckwulf2501 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm having similar issues I beamed down to Qo'Nos only to have the game crash now I can't log into that character or any character I had left on Qo'Nos I called support but they told me the characters are unrecoverable I'm waiting for a hotfix to see if their wrong
  • Options
    Submitted the bug on the Beam to shipyard interact missing in the latest game build to the appropriate team to verify and fix. Going to however need more information on that "The beam-out point at the Klingon Fleet Starbase is also misaligned and has been for ages. " Pictures help.

Here is a video I made on the KDF Fleet Starbase Transporter issue. The transporter prompt doesn't show when we stand on the transporter pad. We have to stand off to the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7T4IZflIY

From what I can tell, and am trying to show in the video, the "plexiglass" screen on the transporter computer seems to be blocking "line of effect/sight" to talk to the transporter officer. I move slowly along the side to show that the ability to transport out of the starbase disappears once the plexiglass gets in the way. The transporter computers in front of the transporter officers on Qo'noS, Qo'noS Shipyard, Earth Spacedock, and Federation Fleet Starbases don't have the plexiglass. So maybe that's the reason it's not working properly on the KDF Fleet Starbase?
  • Options
    Oh, sorry. My bad. I figured we were having the same issues, since both PC and Console were having problems with the KDF Fleet Starbase Transporter. Figured since no one else was making a video, I'd give it a go.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Okay, so I was at the Federation Fleet Starbase, and I wanted to test my hypothesis. I'm pretty sure that the issue with the KDF Fleet Starbase Transporter on PlayStation is the plexiglass on the transporter officer's computer. Yes, I know this is the PC Bug forum, but the game is just a converted version of the PC version, right? Whatever information they have in regards to the players' problems should be of some help. Here's a video I made for the Federation Fleet Starbase Transporter.

https://youtu.be/2ExaB5j3jbE

In the video, I show that once the wall gets in between the player and transporter officer, the option to transport is gone. I even turn around and pull up the "action menu" to show that it's not line of sight, since the ability to choose to transport out still pops up when not facing the transporter officer. But once there's an obstacle between the player and transporter officer, no more ability to transport out. I tested the other transporter pad in the same pad areas against the walls, but since there is still an unbroken line of effect between the two characters, the option to transport out is still available.

So please, remove the plexiglass from the KDF Starbase Transporter Officer's console/terminal? And there will be one less quality of life issue to deal with. ^_^

Also, here's the video I made of the thread title's problem with the Qo'noS Shipyard location. I reported it back in May in the PlayStation Bug Forum, but since the issue has gotten attention here, I'll link the video here in case it helps the Developers see in motion what's going on.

https://youtu.be/S_pt6zx2jV0
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I'm having similar issues I beamed down to Qo'Nos only to have the game crash now I can't log into that character or any character I had left on Qo'Nos I called support but they told me the characters are unrecoverable I'm waiting for a hotfix to see if their wrong
    So they ain't even try and get your toons back? So glad I ain't spending money on the game OR the devs anymore. Wonder how many lifetime members got screwed with this TRIBBLE-up.

"Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    I wish people stay positive and encouraging, many still play, or try to support them as they can.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    if they could also fix the warp visual to q'onos that would be nice.