test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request 'change/update' of the Exchange.

rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Federation Discussion
[If this request is in the wrong location, relocate - it will not self-destruct!]

To save us mistakenly purchasing 'duty officers' from Exchange we can't actively use - please move the 'show usable items only' at the BOTTOM of the Exchange to easily view AT THE TOP!

This keeps newbies and some sleepy too many years old lost our memory veterans from purchasing DO's we can't add to our 'active duty roster.'

I am not a 'real' Vulcan - I only play one online.

Once we dot the ON button, does it stay on for that character(s) return? We can put the unusable items back in the Exchange, but they are never purchased, meaning we've lost <millions> credits - and when times up, STO puts the items in our in-game mail and we put them back in Exchange!

'Where is the logic in that?'

Perhaps there's a (six-seven character) program update to 'sense' the status/faction upon open of Exchange? Or a laughing pop-up showing: 'Err - Err' - Error' . . 'Your faction is unable to purchase this item'.

'Fed' space Xindi are <always> sold out - giving the Klingon faction an advantage with the 'space ultra rare' Xindi duty officers.

Will check 'YouTube' for the currently best duty officers (not bridge officers) for Feds. For me, YouTube's faster than other databases.

The 'simple' update/location of the buttons will save time/mistakes and frustration - must one loose credits to learn - no, no don't ask the Ferengi they will laugh directly in your face!

Sincerely,
celloman2
'Bogle'
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    This isn't a gameplay bug and belongs in feedback. Before you even search the 'show usable items only' is right there, you can't possibly miss it. I guarantee if they moved it someone just like you would complain and want it back at the bottom.

@rattler2
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Moved to Fed feedback for now.

Also... don't DOffs also have a small faction symbol and different backgrounds? I can understand making a mistake if you're tired, but I don't think moving the "usable items" toggle switch would change a thing if you're tired.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)