test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For the one asking for swimsuits for the fleet colony.

spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
1wj8Kef.jpg
As I said in the stream it's already possible (at least on PC), posting here as well in case you missed during the stream.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Is this new? I didn't see the stream... Was it today?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    > @crm14916 said:
    > Is this new? I didn't see the stream... Was it today?

Yeah in latest stream someone was asking for the swimsuits to be usable in the fleet colony.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I think swimsuits, and surfboards, have been usable on the Colony since day one. Hell... a surfboard makes getting to those manual commody harvesting dailies easer since you don't have to run around the whole island.

For the record my KDF fleet's colony is still not even T1 so we gotta go get the commodities ourselves rather than automated collection. Drivin' me up a wall but... nothing I can do until it hits T1. Fed Fleet's working on T5... slowly. Very. Slowly. *dies*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think swimsuits, and surfboards, have been usable on the Colony since day one.

Yeah pretty much so, that's why the question sounded odd enough for me to check if it had been disabled (either intentionally or by accident) recently.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think swimsuits, and surfboards, have been usable on the Colony since day one. Hell... a surfboard makes getting to those manual commody harvesting dailies easer since you don't have to run around the whole island.

For the record my KDF fleet's colony is still not even T1 so we gotta go get the commodities ourselves rather than automated collection. Drivin' me up a wall but... nothing I can do until it hits T1. Fed Fleet's working on T5... slowly. Very. Slowly. *dies*

I feel your pain. The Fed fleet I'm in just hit T5 last month after many years, and the KDF fleet *might* finish this year. The only grinding I ever do is KDF admiralty for the fleet dil.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I don’t understand. Im pretty sure I was able to do the colony sims in swim wear years ago already. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don’t understand. Im pretty sure I was able to do the colony sims in swim wear years ago already. :#

It was only unlocked for player after they broke 350k DPS. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > It was only unlocked for player after they broke 350k DPS. :lol:

Hehe! I’d say gz are in order for the op then. Good job Shim. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated

can't be as I used swimsuits of my AoY toons in sims (typically if I forgot to change outfit before the sim started) and I've never broken 100k ;)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

can't be as I used swimsuits of my AoY toons in sims (typically if I forgot to change outfit before the sim started) and I've never broken 100k ;)

Cheater! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Ah, then we ought to be asking for the use of floaters on Colony then...

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    westmetals wrote: »
    If you can actually get into sims, it only takes about 8-10 max reward sim completions (counting each character separately) to get to T1 across the board.

Therein lies the problem. My KDF fleet is pretty quiet. We mostly main Fed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nova73#7821 nova73 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Therein lies the problem. My KDF fleet is pretty quiet. We mostly main Fed.

This is the reason why many in my Fleet want the option to have mixed Fed/KDF Armada's, most of us have KDF alts especially since the Klingon recruit event and it would just make things alot easier if we could use the resources we have on our Fed mains to help build up those quieter KDF side fleets.
    Would be nice, however unfortunately that might require a complete rebuild of the game due to the fact that at its core, STO was build upon the Two Faction system that was common at the time. While content wise they've drifted away from that, and pretty much minimized that system with cross faction accessability and everything... at the end of the day we still have two opposing factions. And they can't just dive in and rip that out because it is literally foundation code of the game. I don't even want to imagine the chaos that could spawn if they poke that line of code.
This discussion has been closed.