test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Collection of Visual Bugs

I will be using this discussion to make a collection of any and all visual bugs I have encountered in STO over the time I've been playing. Bear in mind this list is not all-inclusive as one person cannot find every visual bug in the game (others are encouraged to contribute):
  • Depth of Field must be enabled for any and all visual effects to render (console screens, weapons, transwarp, warp/impulse trails, transporters, etc.).
  • Jem'Hadar Vanguard Heavy Destroyer [T6]: nacelles disconnect from ship during warp-out animation (Starfleet Battlecruisers used to have this issue).
  • With nearly every ship and shuttle in the game, the models have a "wobble" to them while in sector space, and windows have a tendency to phase in and out of existence at will.
  • With a sufficient number of weapon effects on screen, new weapon activations will fail to render (most common in TFOs and battlezones)
  • Many ships with impulse engines on the hull and on the nacelle pylons will not display impulse trails on the impulse engines that are on the nacelle pylons (examples being the Avenger- and Arbiter-class Battlecruisers, Odyssey-class and some variants).
  • The Fleet Cardenas Command Dreadnought Cruiser [T6]'s warp and impulse trails do not change to the standard red the blue if the Buran design is chosen in Starship Customization. This results in red impulse engines and warp nacelles having brown trails in both sector and combat spaces.
  • Starships with abilities that involve the hull either having part of it removed (e.g. saucer separation or Deploy Heavy Attack Craft), the use of the Pilot Ability Rock and Roll, and use of the console Mycelial Ambush will result in the ship's warp-out animation not occurring.
  • The Janeway-class' hull has a rather unique, would-be-fatal-if-happened-in-reality hull transformation with the use of the Mycelial Ambush console ability.
  • With no perceptible cause, starships will perform a second warp-in animation (with the sound playing if the character is from the Discovery era).
  • The Plasma Storm Module, when used, causes the screen of anyone in radius of its influence to turn white for several seconds.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Make sure your graphic driver is up to date. Might need to force verify. possibly you also may need to tweek your graphics settings.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    For the last one, I don't think it is the Plasma Storm Module causing that behavior. I think it is the Beacon of Kahless and sadly that is a feature. Would be nice for players if it had a toggle. All the other items sound like bugs to me and need to be fixed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    daynetreader#5229 daynetreader Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Make sure your graphic driver is up to date. Might need to force verify. possibly you also may need to tweek your graphics settings.

[Presuming you're talking about the Depth of Field bug] Been there, done that. It's a problem that Cryptic is aware of and does not know how to fix.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    For the last one, I don't think it is the Plasma Storm Module causing that behavior. I think it is the Beacon of Kahless and sadly that is a feature. Would be nice for players if it had a toggle. All the other items sound like bugs to me and need to be fixed.

I have had the issue occur without anyone having the Beacon of Kahless activated (no Klingon NPC ships present any time after the blinding light goes away)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

I have had the issue occur without anyone having the Beacon of Kahless activated (no Klingon NPC ships present any time after the blinding light goes away)

Ok that narrows it down. Sounds like a bug indeed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Link to various screenshots as proofs of some of the above issues (Specified issues are in the names of the screenshots): https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArpdLoT51HsugeUYdg-Vx7vB0t777A?e=afzo76