test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mo'Kai transport warheads.

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
I searched up and down, but i can't find the thread on how to counter the countdown. I thought it was ET that did it but none of the heals I'm slotting seems to stop it
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,533 Arc User
    I searched up and down, but i can't find the thread on how to counter the countdown. I thought it was ET that did it but none of the heals I'm slotting seems to stop it

Tactical team is the counter to that.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    True, it is not very reliable, but it does work more often than not when you hit tac team after the countdown starts. I haven't read the skill description lately, but I don't remember it saying it has "continual removal" the way science team does with debuffs so it actually might only remove once per skill application (which is ridiculous considering the amount of transporter bomb spam).
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    Hazard Emitters or just having enough hull and regen to not bother is the counter. Odd that I'm seeing so many thinking it's a Team that clears it, is it that the old places that this was detailed have faded into obscurity and/or the wiki has the wrong info?
  • Options
    Hazard emitters has never stopped the countdown for me, the only good it does is after it goes off the healing helps a bit. I do stop it with tac team fairly regularly though.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    And for the record, it says that Hazard Emitters will remove borg shield drain effects, but I've also never seen that happen. Unless it's a two-part attack, with a primary channeled (like Tachyon beam) and a secondary debuff...which gets continually reapplied by every tic of the primary attack. Nothing I've seen or tried has ever had any success in reducing the effectiveness of borg shield drains. Beyond drain expertise, which helps a little bit.

Hazard Emitters clears the Borg Shield Neutralization Missle debuff (the inward-pulsing green rings). The only way to disrupt a Tachyon Beam(from any faction) is an interrupt/disable the caster or to break target lock(Placate, Confusion, Cloak, etc.). Same rules for tractor beams and such.

As for Transport Warhead.. Tac Team will clear it, but the AI is good at spamming it on to you during the break between cleanse applications.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Transport Warhead rarely takes my hull down very much, so I've stopped worrying about it. I have enough regen to get the damage repaired fairly quickly without even having to use a heal.

It used to be a big bother, enough that I needed a quick heal to not get splatted all over the map, not so much now.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Transport Warhead rarely takes my hull down very much, so I've stopped worrying about it. I have enough regen to get the damage repaired fairly quickly without even having to use a heal.

It used to be a big bother, enough that I needed a quick heal to not get splatted all over the map, not so much now.

well they will take 1/4 or 1/3 my Intrepid's hull in the patrols. Lukara will take half easy peasy.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

well they will take 1/4 or 1/3 my Intrepid's hull in the patrols. Lukara will take half easy peasy.

That sounds about right. If it does go below half I do have heals I can use. That rarely happens anymore.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.