test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot move camera in starship acquire

Hi
The game wont let you look around the ship with the camera controls anymore for a while and am wondering why?
This is on the Acquiring ship officer.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    @garaffe can you assist with this issue
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    OP, could you elaborate a little more. What exactly is it that you are trying to do?
  • Options
    greyfox1993#2365 greyfox1993 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    When you are looking in the Acquire officer ships to buy, you can not look at them all over, they are just stuck in a static way.
  • Options
    When you are looking in the Acquire officer ships to buy, you can not look at them all over, they are just stuck in a static way.

Do you have a reset as we have one on PC. If so try clicking on that to see if that fixes things
  • Options
    There is no reset.
  • Options
    It is a bug that just needs to be fixed nothing more really.
  • Options
    Dannnng. Maybe @garaffe will still come up with something. or another console player
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,056 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I believe the problem being mentioned here is that the right stick can usually be used to move the ship around so you can view it from any angle you wish.
    For us console players, the ship acquisitions officer/store doesn't actually allow this and we only get to see static images of the ships as we try to buy them.
    On console, we have always had static images of the ships, and can only pan around when in the Ship Tailor, or in space.
    There is no bug here - it's as it always was since launch in 2016.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Incorrect I could move the camera around just fine it stopped working for me when Victory is Life came out.
  • Options
    Sorry to contradict you again, but when you are in the Ship Acquisition Officer store, you just get a display of ship images that can be scrolled through with L2/R2 (or is it L1/R1?).
    Only ever been able to rotate the ship with the right stick in the Tailor.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Inferiority is correct. At least on Xbox, you have never been able to get a full view of the ship in the Ship Acquisition interface. All you get is a single static view for each variant of the ship. In the C-store you usually get several different angles, but we have never been able to use the left stick to move the camera all around the ship until it is bought, made active, and in space.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Sorry to make another contradiction but I could move my ship freely around like you can in the ship customiser but now I have to spam press the square button and the direction I wish to see the ship in for. (Ship Acquisition Officer store)
    try it for yourselves :)
  • Options
    ...but now I have to spam press the square button and the direction I wish to see the ship in for. (Ship Acquisition Officer store)
    This is how it was on consoles when the game launched on 2016. Nothing has changed.
    On PC, you can move the ship around in the Ship Acquisitions, but not on consoles.
  • Options
    Maybe for you but like I said in my previous post mine was working fine up until the victory is life expansion. That is why I put down (BUG) as stated on the bug reporting side of the forum.