test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post-Update Visuals Bug Report

After installing the latest update and playing, I noticed that there isn't a single visual effect being rendered. Warp-in/out animations, weapons firing, shield visuals (e.g. Reverse Shield Polarity), anomalies/buff regions (gravity well, rally point marker, etc.), beam down/up effects, none of it.

Comments

• Options
    daynetreader#5229 daynetreader Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I just did a reset of my graphics settings to see if one of them was the issue, and it turns out that somehow Depth of Field is mandatory for visual effects to render.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Depth of field helps, but some things still aren't rendering, or if they are, it's off from what I saw last week.
  • Options
    daynetreader#5229 daynetreader Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    That's strange. The instant I turned on Depth of Field everything that used to render started doing so again. Maybe a driver update is in order?
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    I saw they said to ensure that 5/25 patch ensure the Cinematic Focus (Depth of Field) was enabled on Graphics TAB if I remember correctly.

I think that might be the cause, or so they claimed on their twitter earlier (few days) ago; yet still several people report various FX not displaying like they had prior to the 5/25 patch.

Still there seem to be several odd Graphical issues for a limited few that began about 4/28, and far more are having issues since the 5/25 patch. From some seeing black screens, to having issues loading the game, or even a crashes during TFOs, or various FX not displaying like they used to. *sigh*

I know I'm running the latest 466 drivers for Nvidia myself.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png