test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to use federation uniform on FED allied romulan

n3bri0s#5764 n3bri0s Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hi,
I got my Delta Recruit Romulan character, finished tutorial, got myself sided with the Federation, but I can't use federation uniform.
It's strange, since my friend is able to use them + many more, but my character has only available small portion of uniforms.

This is my friend's editor. He has Romulan, and he is able to use so many uniforms:
oXqJGoz.jpg

And this is my character. Only short list of uniforms available:
UmDmPDR.jpg

I can't even use the fleet's uniform. :neutral:
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    spaceshrimp#9557 spaceshrimp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Greetings,

I have noticed that my own liberated borg romulan is suffering the same issue, just that since they are KDF aligned they are missing somewhat different uniform pieces. I did not notice earlier because I don't personally like klinker uniforms so never tried to apply them before now

Since I am the peep who made the first image above on my alien romulan I figure that this all seems to indicate that it is the species that is causing the issue although my one is also a delta recruit and I do not have a non-delta one with which to verify this myself

While I won't miss the klinker uniforms someone probably will and I would definitely miss the starfleet uniforms if the toon were so aligned

LLAP -Space Shrimp
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    There's a few threads created in last day or two saying Romulans (Species) or KDF (Species) toons have been unable to (use) the 32nd Uniform as well.

Update added below.
    I'm honestly surprised they allowed them to be opened rather than leave as (account-bound) uniforms, you could move to your Federation characters then.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    spaceshrimp#9557 spaceshrimp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah although patchnotes say that that was a case of a mislabel and that it was meant to be so, bit odd if roms can have the survival suit but kay
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    Might be due to a race difference. It looks like the character in the upper picture is an Alien while the character in the lower picture is not.
    This appears to be issue only with liberated borgs. Other rommies on FED side can wear the uniform normally.
  • Options
    Still no progress in resolving this issue :(
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Still looking for response, my romulan character is still unable to use 90% of clothes.
  • Options
    othuvnolenothuvnolen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just noticed this today with my fedrom romulan liberated borg seen reddit posts dating back quite a while I'm going to bet its never gonna be fixed which makes me sad
  • Options
    othuvnolenothuvnolen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah I understand just felt the need to put a post, if nothing else in frustration that the race I payed a not inconsiderable amount of money on being able to use all the way back when the game launched doesn't have access to the things that it should do.

I've read in reddit posts that apparently its a lot of work to ensure clipping isn't an issue and as a games programmer I have gripes with this, but I don't know the back end. You'd think it could just be enabled on the liberated borg characters, y'know since the unique things they get are on their faces and so wouldn't clip in anyway more than it does on the base race but hey what do I know I guess...
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Federation uniform pieces generally cannot be used by Romulans at all.
    This is intended.
    Go look at the tooltip for the Odyssey parts in the Fleet Starbase Tailor Store...
    Now, not all uniform pieces are restricted, but if it's usuable on a Romulan (not an Alien) then it should also be usable on a Liberated Borg Romulan. However, sometimes the devs overlook the LBR's on the list of species that should be able to use a Fed/KDF piece and we need to flag it up for them.
    Looking at the original 2 screenshots, the Alien will always have access to more pieces than the uniform for a specific species pieces.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    This is intended.
    Go look at the tooltip for the Odyssey parts in the Fleet Starbase Tailor Store...
    Now, not all uniform pieces are restricted, but if it's usuable on a Romulan (not an Alien) then it should also be usable on a Liberated Borg Romulan. However, sometimes the devs overlook the LBR's on the list of species that should be able to use a Fed/KDF piece and we need to flag it up for them.
    Looking at the original 2 screenshots, the Alien will always have access to more pieces than the uniform for a specific species pieces.

Exactly.
    If one Romulan Allied character CAN use the uniforms, the other should be able to use them as well.
    Also, what is the point of being allied to Federation, being able to command Federation ships, if I can't even wear proper federation uniform?
    I would understand this in the past, where Romulans were simply just allies, but they had their own Romulan ships, and they couldn't touch the Federation ships just like the Federation couldn't fly theirs.
    But now, Romulans are simply part of the federation, one of their species.
    I created that Romulan character because I always thought that they can normally use the Federation uniform, and I wanted to have at least one Romulan character. If I knew that this is going to be problem, and that the uniform is in fact just a glitch on the Allien characters, I would never create that Romulan character at all, and I would instead make a human character.
    But now it's too late. That character is a Delta Recruit, and the event is over, so even if I wanted to just delete this character and start a different one, it would be no use.
    So my only hope is that someone can somehow allow me to use some Federation uniform. Otherwise, I am stuck with some odd shirts that don't even look like a proper uniform at all. And that really doesn't give me any motivation to play on that character at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    This is intended.

Exactly.
    If one Romulan Allied character CAN use the uniforms, the other should be able to use them as well.
    Also, what is the point of being allied to Federation, being able to command Federation ships, if I can't even wear proper federation uniform?
    I would understand this in the past, where Romulans were simply just allies, but they had their own Romulan ships, and they couldn't touch the Federation ships just like the Federation couldn't fly theirs.
    But now, Romulans are simply part of the federation, one of their species.
    I created that Romulan character because I always thought that they can normally use the Federation uniform, and I wanted to have at least one Romulan character. If I knew that this is going to be problem, and that the uniform is in fact just a glitch on the Allien characters, I would never create that Romulan character at all, and I would instead make a human character.
    But now it's too late. That character is a Delta Recruit, and the event is over, so even if I wanted to just delete this character and start a different one, it would be no use.
    So my only hope is that someone can somehow allow me to use some Federation uniform. Otherwise, I am stuck with some odd shirts that don't even look like a proper uniform at all. And that really doesn't give me any motivation to play on that character at all.

Except they're not. The cross-faction flying is NOT and never was intended to be a full merge. "Allied" and "part of" are two different things.

Ok, so today I asked my friend to hop on his allied romulan (generic Romulan, NOT Allien, NOT Borg), and he can access the odyssey, so you are wrong here. Federation Allied Romulans CAN Access all the uniforms, same as the Allien, so the Borg is DEFINITELY broken and SHOULD be fixed. It's not a feature, it is a BUG.
    Here is the screen of his menu:
    https://i.imgur.com/214e4Nf.png
    https://i.imgur.com/p5TlNBK.png
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Ok, here is perfect picture:
    Romulan character, allied to Federation, and CAN use the federation uniform. It's not visible there, but there is clearly a really large menu of uniforms including the Odyssey. So clearly, the borg is broken and should be fixed. You are wrong on that romulans cannot access uniforms. This screen proves opposite.
    A9Is5IS.png
    You can clearly see that it's not borg or Allien.
  • Options
    This is intended.
    you are completely wrong here. Picture above proves that .