test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are there any counters to the massive amount of placates (space and ground) that are in use?

taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
So many placates turning Star Trek aiming into Star Wars aiming. ground and space seem to be infested with these things, I am aware of only 1 short duration counter (when it works) to placates, are their more in traits or skills or kits?

Answers

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Science team always clears a placate, and I think its the intel spec that also has a placate counter built in.

But unless you are talking PVP, they really are fairly rare. You might also be mistaking some effects for placates that aren't, and it isn't like the game makes it easy to know what counters what.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    So many placates turning Star Trek aiming into Star Wars aiming. ground and space seem to be infested with these things, I am aware of only 1 short duration counter (when it works) to placates, are their more in traits or skills or kits?
    Yea..in space it depends on which kind of placate it is.. Sci team will clear SCIENCE placates like Jam sensors..Eng team will clear the doff placate associated with Aux2Sif..
    Miracle worker spec has an anti placate ability..

But as Fox mentioned..there are effects for placates that arent...Like that Quantum cloak clicky..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Better than counter it would be some diminish return mechanic. When fighting Mokais or Hirogen is basically you fighting flying debuffs. They can stack CCs and debufs on you 24/7. And you can't do anything besided brute force your way into a damn boring fight against these NPCs.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    With a Generalist build, you can mitigate the placates and debuffs a bit in space. The main counters do tend to be the three Team abilities, Tac, Engie, and Sci.

The real issue comes in when you have waves with fresh abilities ready to go and your counters are still on cooldown. I've been hammered by taking out a group of Hirogen in that one patrol where we capture Madran, only for a new group to warp in and Subnuc me while my Sci Team is still on cooldown from the LAST wave of subnuc. Annoying... but most of the time not lethally so.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    The Pilot skill "Clean Getaway" is also a placate, but is (supposedly) directional and I don't think I have ever seen an NPC use it.

Far as I know we don't actually have any NPCs that make use of Pilot abilities. Temporal, Intel, and Command yes, but I really don't recall any Pilot. Or Miracle Worker come to think of it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Better than counter it would be some diminish return mechanic. When fighting Mokais or Hirogen is basically you fighting flying debuffs. They can stack CCs and debufs on you 24/7. And you can't do anything besided brute force your way into a damn boring fight against these NPCs.

Amen. I really wish players got a similar CC lockout/immunity like NPCs did.

There are some methods to mitigate CC spam, either through direct immunities(APO, etc.) or via stealth/perception(Intel Team, etc.). However, you're more likely going to be in a situation where you have to fight fire with fire(Interference Platform, Titan's Console, Confusions, etc.) if you don't want to just suffer through it.

(I still remember how miserable the undine battlezone was before they added limits to how many rifts they could open at once.. The bigger fights would spam 4-5 of them on top of each other - bubbles everywhere.)
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    The Pilot skill "Clean Getaway" is also a placate, but is (supposedly) directional and I don't think I have ever seen an NPC use it.

Far as I know we don't actually have any NPCs that make use of Pilot abilities. Temporal, Intel, and Command yes, but I really don't recall any Pilot. Or Miracle Worker come to think of it.

I'm just sitting here laughing hysterically trying to contemplate watching todays players fight Pilot and Temporal builds on an NPC. So one makes anything and everything else around you also kill them and then pilot ships todays players wouldn't even be able to land attacks on them or keep up with them. Then they would just be completely confused without even using any placate mechanics when the NPC flies by them and then they turn to chase them but then not realize that they were flying so fast that they were outrunning the animation of their cannon fire and then explode. I will leave Miracle Worker alone because I can just imagine what could happen if I got my hands on something like a bop that had high rank stations of both pilot and miracle worker that it would be so game breaking that the stations could then be perceived as all temporal abilities because it would change the time continuum.