test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Legendary Bundle!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Starting next week, Captains on Console will be able to boost any KDF character to Level 65, and unlock the Legendary D7 for their entire account!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487203

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Folks - I really can't say anything specific about this, but I hear that you're upset, Console Captains. On Tuesday, there will be a reason for you to be less upset about the price difference. And sadly, that's all I can say.
  • deathjester#9485 deathjester Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm actually more upset that I took the 29th off of work to mess around with my build for the D7... Now you've moved the release to May 4th.😒
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I can't wait to see what kind of fluff they are adding to this bundle to try to justify milking console players for every cent they can.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    imo unless you are able to use it on a delta recruit and have the Tesseract Communications Receiver completed, every mission in the game completed and 500,000 unrefined dilithium on the character the price difference from the pc is just another TRIBBLE over to the console players
    Post edited by awesomeweasel on
  • active24#5521 active24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's also interesting how anyone doing the event 3 progress might not even get there rewards by the end of the event for the lack points being given out. I could be wrong though
    Folks - I really can't say anything specific about this, but I hear that you're upset, Console Captains. On Tuesday, there will be a reason for you to be less upset about the price difference. And sadly, that's all I can say.

@ambassadorkael#6946 It is now Tuesday, and we are still upset. Can you now tell us why we should be less upset about this lower-than-PC initial sale?
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited May 2021

I'm sorry, but if the 20% off sale on Zen bundles and ships is what's suppose to make me less upset you're wrong. I'd rather get the full 50% off that was posted back in March. The same thing happened with the Discovery bundle and I didn't buy it because of the change in the discount.
    edited May 2021
    baucoin wrote: »

I'm sorry, but if the 20% off sale on Zen bundles and ships is what's suppose to make me less upset you're wrong. I'd rather get the full 50% off that was posted back in March. The same thing happened with the Discovery bundle and I didn't buy it because of the change in the discount.

just another way for cryptic to rip off console players and try and say well you got a zen and ship sale the day the legendary bundle dropped, which in no way justifies the 15% increase over pc players.

every time they do this type of stuff it's getting harder to even sit down with the abuse that console players get from cryptic.
    Let's face it, Console player are, always have been, and always will be nothing more than a cash cow for Cryptic.

They game they ported over is a TRIBBLE copy at best, incomplete with a hack job UI. All we ever were was a fresh new supply of cash.

I had considered buying the legendary D7 for my KDF recruit, but not anymore.
    so @ambassadorkael what is the reason we should be less upset about the price difference, because the zen sale is definitely not a good reason to shaft console player for the difference?
    so @ambassadorkael what is the reason we should be less upset about the price difference, because the zen sale is definitely not a good reason to shaft console player for the difference?

I have tried asking Kael, but he never responds on the forums. I have always been respectful when asking him a question knowing that he is just the messenger, but still I get no reply on this topic or others. You would have better luck on Reddit, FB, or Twitter.
    garaffe wrote: »

I have tried asking Kael, but he never responds on the forums. I have always been respectful when asking him a question knowing that he is just the messenger, but still I get no reply on this topic or others. You would have better luck on Reddit, FB, or Twitter.

he is suppose to be the community manager of these forums, we should not have to go outside the forum to get a response since he is being paid to the the cm he should do his job here.
    unfortunately he only responds to the pc players question and complaints and leave the console player to listen to crickets, basically only doing half of his job.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm out too. Pity, since I was planning to use it on the Klingon recruit.
    Commander of the Jade Wardens NZ
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • habs124habs124 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    meh i assumed some things
    #1 that it was a miracle worker ship with an extra console...oops
    #2 that the second console you get,works with the ship....
    and its really really little and squishy. i put in a console or two im good to go.
    this one not as much.
    and you give me 250k rep bank,but no points to put in rep...gee wiz...come on.
    not even a few to get you going?
    and yes i realize that 35% and 20% could be better than 50%...but my console is on the ship when i get it,then it goes into my inv ...why give me a console i cant put on my ship[?
    habs124 wrote: »
    meh i assumed some things
    #1 that it was a miracle worker ship with an extra console...oops
    #2 that the second console you get,works with the ship....
    and its really really little and squishy. i put in a console or two im good to go.
    this one not as much.
    and you give me 250k rep bank,but no points to put in rep...gee wiz...come on.
    not even a few to get you going?
    and yes i realize that 35% and 20% could be better than 50%...but my console is on the ship when i get it,then it goes into my inv ...why give me a console i cant put on my ship[?

The console is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.
    As for the reputation, I think it is assumed by the devs that this is going on your KDF recruit which has access to recruit rewards that give stacks of rep marks.
    The price... It just doesn't check out. No matter what way you look at it, we are paying more for the same content as PC players.
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I was excited to see this in the market today... until the facts came in.

1. NO sing ship is worth 6K zen, much less >6K.

2. The add-ons take up very little slack on the inflated price. Gear and Boffs are non-unique and therefore near-worthless. Otherwise, do we even have 1k Zen worth of slot upgrades? 1k Zen for those and 1k for a L65 upgrade does not make the package worthwhile. 4k for the ship alone, maybe if I want it. 8K for the bloat and TRIBBLE for ONE ship? No.

3. Seems the goods HAVE to go to the new alt. I’d want the slots to enhance my KDF Vet. Now I’d have to choose btw losing the L65 upgrade for any alt, OR putting slots/gear on a new alt I have minimal interest in.

Other than the ship (w seats & console), everything is wrong with this bundle, starting w the price... esp the unfair disparity on console