test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you active Temporal Operative specialization for your main toon?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I have a TO specialization manual but can't seem to active it for my main character. How do you do that?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    For your char you have to use the dropdown menu in the skills page to activate TO, you also have to put spec points into it. The manual you have is only for BOFFs.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Don't use it on your boff unless you have a ship with matching seating, or you want that boff to learn the ground skills.

Giving a boff (for example) temporal specialization is not enough to let them use the temporal space skills. They can now learn them, but unless your ship has temporal seating that you can assign that boff to, the powers will be disabled.
  • Options
    alonar wrote: »
    For your char you have to use the dropdown menu in the skills page to activate TO, you also have to put spec points into it. The manual you have is only for BOFFs.

I have used the drop down menu, but I can't activate Temporal Operative. I have maxed our the spec points for TO. That's why I am asking

• Options
    Never mind. I got it to work! Thanks
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »

I have used the drop down menu, but I can't activate Temporal Operative. I have maxed our the spec points for TO. That's why I am asking

Are you trying to set the primary or secondary status for the specialization, or to do something else?

To set the primary or secondary specialization on PC you go to skills, then select specialization, then use the pull-down list to select Temporal, then click the radio button for primary or secondary.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    For your character you can have one primary and one secondary specialization. Choose one of each. As said above, specialization manuals are only for training bridge officers in a particular specialization.

The photo depicts Temporal Operative Primary, Strategist Secondary for my character.

8wqsLqI.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »

Make sure the BOff you're trying to use it on has been promoted to the top rank. If the Boff isn't the proper rank, he/she/it won't be able to use teh manual.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    @indyshark
    If you would like this thread closed, feel free to say so and it shall be done.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.