test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fed tutorial stuck

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
Ok I decided to run a new delta recruit, but I'm stuck as soon as the ship gets boarded. I open the armory and it says eliminate boardeers, but I can only get to 71%. is there a workaround? I've restarted 3 times
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Ok I decided to run a new delta recruit, but I'm stuck as soon as the ship gets boarded. I open the armory and it says eliminate boardeers, but I can only get to 71%. is there a workaround? I've restarted 3 times

That sounds like an old bug that they fixed years ago. Maybe whatever they did to update the Delta recruit event broke it loose again.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021

NOTE: At armory: Click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP and select your Rifle from within Popup.
    ╘ It will never update if experienced players try to do so from Inventory.

Hopefully they REVISE, objectives to state that, rather than just Equip a Rifle.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261362/delta-recruit-cant-get-through-tutorial

I also had to restart 2-3x before I realized what was happening, as you'll see thru the 3-4 post there. I updated all however to state that above so others don't have the same problem, as it was and has likely caused confusion for many since 2016.

Saying Equip a Rifle, most experienced players pick it up and then right click in Inventory and select Equip, this won't work.
    0zxlclk.png
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It got worse for me, I tried to delete and redo, and now I wont even appear into the academy normally. It doesn't load the delta recruit intro also at the very beginning. It simply spawns me in ESD space and explodes my ship! absolutely sucks, what do I do?

(edit, I'm going to shut down arc and restart the game in hoping to fix this; Update: yes, it did. Thank god)
    edited April 2021
    You could try setting safe mode in the ARC launcher, it gets rid of some of the presets files so it might work if it is somehow tangling up the pre-delete character with the new one in that slot.
    You could try setting safe mode in the ARC launcher, it gets rid of some of the presets files so it might work if it is somehow tangling up the pre-delete character with the new one in that slot.
    Luckily a full shut down and restart fixed my issue. Coupled with the careful clicking of the bubbles and hitting U as mentioned earlier I was able to get through the tutorial.

Now all I need is somehow for that little delta symbol to appear on my character select menu for my toon. It isn't showing. Odd...
    athan#5519 wrote: »
    Luckily a full shut down and restart fixed my issue. Coupled with the careful clicking of the bubbles and hitting U as mentioned earlier I was able to get through the tutorial.

Now all I need is somehow for that little delta symbol to appear on my character select menu for my toon. It isn't showing. Odd...

Maybe it does not show until you actually get the transponder. The first rerun of Delta was a while ago so I don't remember exactly when the delta symbol showed up.
    edited April 2021
    No, it showed up for my Romulan character just after first talking to D'Tan on the Flotilla. However it didn't immediately show. I had to do a full close down (for a different reason not related to gameplay) and when I logged back in to my Rom (still didn't show on character select), did a profile edit, and did a character switch it showed. It is something game or bug related. It isn't consistent.

As for my Fed character, I already have the responder. I am on ESD after talking with Quinn, and it doesn't show.
    edited April 2021
    I just started a Fed Delta and got stuck too, even with doing everything from the balloons and onscreen buttons, so apparently the workaround does not work all the time. I put a ticket in but those things usually don't get answered. They really should remove that percentage nonsense since does nothing at all training wise and have the turbolift always accessible.

If the character generator still had the save function I would have just deleted the stuck one and started over, loading the character from the generator-saved file but since they don't have that in the initial generator anymore I am just going to call it a night and see if they fix it in the next few days.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    well i finally got through. i sat in the armory for a couple minutes swapping the rifle in. literally I did a step waited 20-30 seconds, then the next step. I think the bug actually might be occurring before the armory.. like in disabling the tips popups... Anyway, she is through the mess. you know if they would just spawn a few extra warriors, it would be fine.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I was stuck at the KDF recruiter when similarly picking a weapon and going to the next map "Intruder alert" Filed a ticket with support as usual it was a waste of time. In the old days they use to unstuck your toon or move you. Now you only get the generic response....working on it and escalated to Game master. Known bug.

What irritates me that MR EP gave the GO AHEAD with these recruiting events think they ran smooth. These are archaic bugs and as otehrs said one of the many reason they were never brought back. That happens when they don't listen and just act in impulses rather in knowing "WHY" these are not back. They were a full of errors then and still are.

Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    To be fair, the those bugs were not specifically Delta recruit way back when, they were just general bugs (my first Fed character, who wasn't any sort of recruit, had the armory one for instance). The problem is when they don't go in and make sure all the fixes that came later are in place in the right order when they patch the event code back into the game, so they come back.
This discussion has been closed.