test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experimental Upgrades T6

xxstrahdxx#3071 xxstrahdxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello all, I am sure this has been covered by others in some way, however I had to cool down before adding my two cents to the matter. I have played for a lot of years, and Have built my fleet with the help of my fleet mates. I have spent more money on this game than I can keep track of. Including the life time membership, the original legendary bundle, and a minimum of 50 ships, not to mention all the keys and everything else that I have purchased over the years.

Now with this experimental t6 upgrades you want me to spend $20.00 for three, well lets do a little math on just say 50 ships. Mind you I have 19 toons most with different builds and use different ships so moving them all over to one or two ships is not an option. Anyways back to the math. 50 divided by three. equals 16.6 repeating, that is for argument sake 17 packs of 3, and so 17 times $20.00 or, $340.00 U.S. currency for ships I have already purchased. Not to mention box ships which you can only have on the toon you opened the box on. Mind you I have many more ships than 50, but if you think I am going to hand you over $500.00 more dollars to upgrade Items I already own you are out of your mind.

With this in mind since you released these new upgrades I have stopped purchasing anything, and will not be purchasing anything else until some kind of compensation is handed out to people like my self who have invested in this game time and again over the years. We paid your pay checks, and encouraged others to do the same and then you come to us and tell us if we want our ships to be top of the line we have to give you even more. I am not giving more money for something I already own. The entire reason I always enjoyed this game was even though there were updates you didn't mess with the ships. I can handle having to upgrade the gear to 15, just don't mess with my ships.

Ok, with that said I have a Max level fleet to run, and one whole ship to fly at max potential. You let me know when you want me to be more active and spending again by fixing this, and Ill let you know I appreciate it by promoting the new ships and equipment that I have purchased from the Zen store. Just so we are clear I enjoy the game. My wallet however will remain closed. Have a great day.

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    They gave like 6 away for free already. I have more ships than I need too—and 6 experimental upgrades sitting in my bank. For free! Thanks Cryptic!

I am glad I don’t feel any pressure to use them yet—or ever, maybe. It must be really stressful to feel like I need to spend 500$ to stay competitive.

I do agree, though. Level increases, tier increases, and general goal-post moving does hurt when we have put time money and energy to have already been the best.