test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just a few question.

Hello I made something similar like this on the romulan side of things. So I figure I do the same for my federation character. So anyways I got a few question. The first one is the kelvin timeline intel dreadnought cruiser still “the best” fed ship out there or could a tactical Star cruiser be fine in advance and elite tfos? I have a caitian but have not decided on her “endgame” ship yet. Also got any space reputation gear recommendations for either ship no mission rewards this time. And finally any ground rep and shields say better the herald ground gear from the lobi store? Any recommendations would be helpful and as a bonus question which race do you enjoy playing as? Personally I love the caitain. Yes it does involve the pounce ability.

Anyways thank you and live long and prosper.

Comments

• coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,275 Arc User
    ANY T5 or T6 ship can be made ready for elite. So really pick what fits your fancy.

That said, for zen ships, the Gagarin is is one powerful ship and if I was picking JUST based on power, that one is near the top with the Vengeance.

As for the sets...what applies to your Romulan basically applies here.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 5,466 Arc User
    edited April 9
    Hello I made something similar like this on the romulan side of things. So I figure I do the same for my federation character. So anyways I got a few question. The first one is the kelvin timeline intel dreadnought cruiser still “the best” fed ship out there or could a tactical Star cruiser be fine in advance and elite tfos? I have a caitian but have not decided on her “endgame” ship yet. Also got any space reputation gear recommendations for either ship no mission rewards this time. And finally any ground rep and shields say better the herald ground gear from the lobi store? Any recommendations would be helpful and as a bonus question which race do you enjoy playing as? Personally I love the caitain. Yes it does involve the pounce ability.

Anyways thank you and live long and prosper.

Practically all of this question gets into the realm of matters of opinion.

Any T5 or T6 ship - and maybe even T4's - can be competitive as an "endgame" ship.

As for recommending gear - there is so much value in synergy in STO that there is not a single item that is "the best" because it may not mesh at all with the rest of your build.

Take for example the Terran reputation beam weapon. It's widely considered to be one of the best weapons out there, and is available in two different energy types... but if you are doing a build that focuses on one of the other four energy types, it's not a good idea to use the TTF beam weapon on such a ship, because the rest of your build would not be shoving boosts toward it.
  • romulan224#0608 romulan224 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    So Colony deflector, competitive engines, discovery warp and sheild then? And I was most likely going anti proton for weapons. So I take it the teren weapons going to be useless then. What I should be asking if there are consoles that benifits anti proton builds. And I really hate having to spend 900 or 700 lobi on the kelvin every time I want the ship, part of me wishes it could be either reclaimed or discounted after first getting it.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 5,466 Arc User
    edited April 9
    There are plenty of stuff for antiproton builds (specifically), though there are also some weak points.

That being that there really aren't any good sets with an +AP bonus, except maybe in the lobi store. As such, if you do not like or want to do a Colony/Comp/2pc Disco build as suggested above, I would look at something like a Colony/Nukara/Fleet/Nukara setup (to get the 2pc Nukara bonus with the same colony deflector).

For your tactical console slots, you will probably want fleet Vulnerability Locators [AP] with possibly one slot replaced by a Discovery rep console.

For non-tactical slots, there are a total of five (that I am aware of) consoles with +AP passives - the two ship consoles from the Alliance Battlecruiser and Raider, Polymorphic Probes (available from Exchange), and two - Crystalline Absorption Matrix and Voth Phase Decoy - which are old event rewards and can either be reclaimed (if available to you) or bought from the Phoenix store.

Weapons-wise, there's the Ancient AP omni (from "Sphere of Influence"), which can be used alongside a crafted one. (Also an oddball option here: it has a 2-pc set bonus with a warp core.)

Also, since the inherent benefit of stock AP weapons is +20 crit severity, you may want to focus on building for crits, so SRO/JHV officers where possible, the Precision, Tyler's Duality, and Advanced Targeting Systems rep traits, etcetera.... and re-engineering your weapons to as close as possible to [CrtD/Dm] [CrtD]x4.

The maximum crit stats will be slightly less than on your Romulan, because you can't get SRO BOFFs for science and engineering. There is a tactical one available via the Fleet Embassy and you can buy multiple copies.

• romulan224#0608 romulan224 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Again thank you for giving me a nice build idea. Would this work better on a kelvin intel dreadnought or a tactical Star cruiser.