test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you made a Nova bundle exactly like the D7, would you buy it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Yes
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yep - assumption was correct.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485433

So not the Oberth, and never believed it would be the Nova. Nope - instead we got....
    The SPACE CLAW!
    zSO58QE.jpeg

A complete non-event of a reveal.

Yup a pile of ugly TRIBBLE that I won't gamble on or buy off the exchange nor a ship I suspect that anyone would even think to ask about having in game such is the obscurity of it.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh look...more terrible ships I can ignore and not give Cryptic money for. Thanks Cryptic for continuing to make sure I don't spend money with you.

This is the stance I am taking as well.. I am just going to be happy about the fact that I don’t have to feel like I am missing out on anything by not getting this ship. I can completely forget it exists with absolutely no consequence of any kind.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No
    I almost feel as if I should start another thread specifically for the Nova class but again, am very hesitant to do so after what happened to the last one. Perhaps it sounds over-sensitive, but I was pretty offended that what I'd been saying was labelled, by the CM no less, as "sarcasm". I just don't see it - how is referrencing past threads on the same subject, highlighting the sad state of the ship compared to, for example, the renders made by Eaglemoss and FANS, and pointing out that it has been a VERY long wait 'sarcasm'.
    For the same reason why talking about the stats on a ship in the anniversary bundle and saying "based on past experience, and compared to others, this ship is not good enough to be legendary" is "elitist" and "gatekeeping".
    Because we *dared* to call them out on their TRIBBLE. It's as simple as that. There's no reasoning with people like that. None, at all, because they simply cannot fathom that their opinion is not the ultimate one.
    And this is, more than everything else, why Kael is not a good CM and will never be one until he plant himself in front of a mirror, take a good, hard look at himself and realize that he needs to change how he does stuff.
    But I guess it's easier to go on whining on Twitter about how we're mean to him.
    And lets keep in mind that, toward the end, a LOT of the discussion in that thread had been generated by that FALSE HOPE poll that HE made. Honestly, I think that a lot of the recent anger and increased discusson about the Nova was prompted by the fact that feeding false hope (AGAIN) to players who've been waiting a very long time for something is a really stupid move.
    But this is just the usual MO, if you think about it:
    - Do Thing A badly on purpose;
    - People complain about Thing A because it's bad and ignore it more or less completely;
    - Say "see? Thing A doesn't work";
    - Do other Things;
    - Rinse and Repeat.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    reimu#1706 reimu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    No, bundles are a waste
    there is already way to many ships that are above their weight class already compared to what is canon
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    I would love to see a Tier 6 Nova, but if the devs don't release it with the upcoming delta recruit i fear the only chance we have to see it ingame is to have a Rhode Island pulled into the Discovery Era.

Wouldn't that be something.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    No
    Jo790kA.jpg
    sQ5piAo.jpg

Man, it's so hard to imagine why the game developers hate this ship so much.

Seriously.. that is such a beautiful ship.. it's one of the better designs in Trek. I would think someone like Marrone would be all over that.. imagine what someone of his talent could do with this beautiful design..

Talk about a sadly wasted opportunity. :disappointed:
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    No
    I will admit, the Nova/Rhode Island is one of the few Fed ships I would willingly fly (not just to get traits) on my one and only Fed character, currently flying the Dauntless class.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    The Rhode Island is my FAVOURITE ship in the game. It's beautiful and I look to fly it...but I'm RIPPED TO SHREDS in episodes, STF and Kerrat flying it. It's just such a shame that you can only have a science build and six weapons slots on the ship you love. I'm not saying that I want cannons, but give me two more weapons and some versatility.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    No
    kayajay wrote: »
    The Rhode Island is my FAVOURITE ship in the game. It's beautiful and I look to fly it...but I'm RIPPED TO SHREDS in episodes, STF and Kerrat flying it. It's just such a shame that you can only have a science build and six weapons slots on the ship you love. I'm not saying that I want cannons, but give me two more weapons and some versatility.

I fly the Ha'nom Guardian Warbird, which is an inferior ship to the Rhode Island because it is not upgradeable. Nonetheless, I find the ship to be quite capable in most TFOs and missions on Advanced, though I would not take it into elite content.

The fact that it is a science ship means that you will have to settle for 3/3 layout and make up for the loss of damage with exotic damage abilities. It is a different playstyle, but can be quite effective.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    No
    But then again, they have no interest in doing anything with it in general.

I now believe that when Kael said they started on it, that was flat out untrue.

A new thread popped up on Reddit about the Andromeda with a few interesting tid bits of information.

The following are paraphrased from another reddit poster. Source: here.

First bit was this:
    Thomas explained this during the stream, the Yamato (and Sutherland and Lafayette) won't be revamped, at least not initially, since the same type of cleanup needs to be done on the parts unique to those models. Hopefully having the base Andromeda updated will make it easier to follow up on the other variants when there's time.

Then this:
    That's also an explanation for why many other existing ships haven't been updated with new models yet. You'd need to start over completely on many of them. Ship models aren't created in a few days (nor is all of the systems design like weapons slots, BOFF seating, consoles, traits, etc. that comes with upgrading a ship to T6). Unless there's a compelling value add for rebuilding a model, it won't make it on the schedule.

He could probably clean up ships like the Nova like he did with the Andromeda, but the result would probably not be very satisfactory since it would be based on the original lower standard model.

So what I am getting from this, is that re-doing a T5 to a T6 is a pretty substantial amount of work. It's more then just going in and touching things up, it's basically re-doing all the textures which sounds like quite the job. They can't just 'fix' the current Nova, they would have to put in the time to basically do an entirely new ship from the ground up.

It also seems that since it's such a job, it's not going to be done on anything Cryptic doesn't think will be financially viable.

Kael made it quite clear when he came into the last thread on the Nova to dump all over it that they don't think the Nova will be profitable despite the fact that it's won 2 polls about which ship people want and has threads pop up on it all the time including a new one today.

What I am gathering from this is that any talk of a T6 Nova so far is completely untrue. The ship is not going to be made because Cryptic chooses to believe it won't be profitable. I say 'chooses to believe' because that's what they're doing. They're ignoring feedback and trusting their invisible 'metrics' that no one can argue with since we can't access them.

This to me basically reads as a confirmation that a T6 Nova is indeed not on the table and the 'all T5 ships will get a T6 eventually' line is absolutely false. Cryptic won't make these ships unless they think they will sell, and we have no idea what metric they use to determine this outside of the personal preference of the development team.

If there is never going to be a T6 Nova, they should just come out and say it so people stop asking. It's silly to keep stringing the topic along when it's clear they have no intention of ever making it happen.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No
    But then again, they have no interest in doing anything with it in general.

I now believe that when Kael said they started on it, that was flat out untrue.

A new thread popped up on Reddit about the Andromeda with a few interesting tid bits of information.

The following are paraphrased from another reddit poster. Source: here.

First bit was this:
    Thomas explained this during the stream, the Yamato (and Sutherland and Lafayette) won't be revamped, at least not initially, since the same type of cleanup needs to be done on the parts unique to those models. Hopefully having the base Andromeda updated will make it easier to follow up on the other variants when there's time.

Then this:
    That's also an explanation for why many other existing ships haven't been updated with new models yet. You'd need to start over completely on many of them. Ship models aren't created in a few days (nor is all of the systems design like weapons slots, BOFF seating, consoles, traits, etc. that comes with upgrading a ship to T6). Unless there's a compelling value add for rebuilding a model, it won't make it on the schedule.

He could probably clean up ships like the Nova like he did with the Andromeda, but the result would probably not be very satisfactory since it would be based on the original lower standard model.

So what I am getting from this, is that re-doing a T5 to a T6 is a pretty substantial amount of work. It's more then just going in and touching things up, it's basically re-doing all the textures which sounds like quite the job. They can't just 'fix' the current Nova, they would have to put in the time to basically do an entirely new ship from the ground up.

It also seems that since it's such a job, it's not going to be done on anything Cryptic doesn't think will be financially viable.

Kael made it quite clear when he came into the last thread on the Nova to dump all over it that they don't think the Nova will be profitable despite the fact that it's won 2 polls about which ship people want and has threads pop up on it all the time including a new one today.

What I am gathering from this is that any talk of a T6 Nova so far is completely untrue. The ship is not going to be made because Cryptic chooses to believe it won't be profitable. I say 'chooses to believe' because that's what they're doing. They're ignoring feedback and trusting their invisible 'metrics' that no one can argue with since we can't access them.

This to me basically reads as a confirmation that a T6 Nova is indeed not on the table and the 'all T5 ships will get a T6 eventually' line is absolutely false. Cryptic won't make these ships unless they think they will sell, and we have no idea what metric they use to determine this outside of the personal preference of the development team.

If there is never going to be a T6 Nova, they should just come out and say it so people stop asking. It's silly to keep stringing the topic along when it's clear they have no intention of ever making it happen.

Honestly do think the Nova needs its own, dedicated, thread here again.

And can't really add anything to what you've already said - although the one thing I WILL say is this: What in god's name was Kael going for with that poll (that the Nova won) he created a few months ago? They already did one, back in 2017 and the Nova won that one too.
    His poll just prompted further discussion and renewed interest... in a ship they apparently have no intention of actually doing anything with. And then he came here and took offense at the thread about it. What the heck was that all about?!

It was about flexing his muscles. Nothing more, nothing less. He knows people wants it, he also knows that it won't get done anytime soon but instead of being a grown up and saying "We know the numbers are not what they would be if the ship was already in the game as a T6" he went on a rampage - quite rudely, too, but then again he knows jack TRIBBLE about being a community manager, so it's no surprise that he doesn't know how to communicate - to cover up the fact that they have created the problem.

In short, he followed "procedure": Cryptic creates the problem by not doing something ("metrics" can't say anything about things that do not exist, so claiming that a T6 Nova wouldn't sell is an outright LIE) or doing it badly and then dump the blame onto the playerbase via hiding behind the "metrics" that no one see - and that probably don't even exist, to be honest - or the "email campaign" that no one is apparently getting involved into.

Because ultimately it's easier to go dump a full load of TRIBBLE onto some forum users and then say "we don't care, because you're the minority" than it is to actually get your act together, admit you made a mistake or you simply won't do something because you don't want to, and fix your TRIBBLE.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.