test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Model Rocketry bugged

tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
So I have encountered a bug where one of the other contestant's name was used twice. Once for their slot, and again for my slot. I do not know why this has happened.

unknown.png
signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
[06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
[09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!

Comments

• alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    One of the members in the fleet i'am in also had the same problem a couple of times
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Three times in the last day or so. It *seems* that you still get credit for what you gather, but you don't ever have to go back to the bench except to adjust parts. It could be that both rockets are tied to the other player.

I have not seen *my* name attached to two rockets, this year or prior years when this happened.

I'm also sometimes not getting the "badge box" as a reward, but this appears to be an independent issue. Yesterday I got one every time I ran it, today I saw reported it once and not the other three runs. I've seen fleet reports of it not showing up at all for some people today. This may be a once-a-day thing but it didn't seem to be before today.

Edit: In the latest attempt, the fourth in the last 24 hours that bugged, "my" sidebar color had someone else's name until the end of the match, when it changed to "InvalidEntityName." BUT at the beginning of the adjustment phase I was credited for what I'd collected, where I'd been credited for none during the collection phase.

So, in order, it started with red and purple described as "IgorMortis," and I was playing Khajira collecting for Purple. Purple showed Stabilizer, Hull and Engine as white quality until the beginning of the adjustment phase, where they all turned purple (based on what I'd collected). IgorMortis did not collect or adjust enough, so their rocket did not do well, and at the end of the match the purple rocket user name changed to "InvalidEntityName" while the red rocket name stayed "IgorMortis."

https://ibb.co/hc9HXGC
    Post edited by stupidconversion on
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I posted a detailed comment that was apparently deleted when I tried to add a screenshot, and I have no more time for this TRIBBLE. It's broken, happened to me four times in the last day, it apparently can happen in multiple ways which do or don't credit certain portions of the event.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    Some in General Comments said this first appeared last year, though I don't recall seeing it myself; but this year I have.

But many also talking about, but more from a discussion point of view here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261160/1st-contact-day-re-enactment-rocket-building-has-a-bug
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I had the exact same issue occur. While I could collect rocket materials, and then adjust components, only the thing that the other player did affected "my" rocket. I was wearing a backpack.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I noticed yesterday, after reading the thread in General Discussion, that this is also happening on Xbox. You would think that they would have fixed this by now if it was happening last year.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    My character name appeared the same as someone else who was there and it blocked my progress.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Amateur, beat this one. :)

5ooZ8c2.jpg

Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    this hit me the other day. one toon was listed twice. i was there, but wasnt able to use or do anything to build it. i could gather stuff, but wasnt able to use it on the bench.
    went to the launch site, and it took off.
    got my daily points and rewards though.
    It sucks when you can't participate but as long as you get your daily and marks it's all that matters.
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I have a similar issue. Not getting credit for anything and someone else's name is by my colour.unknown.png?width=768&height=432
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Some of my captains also keep the backpack when they leave the event.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    this hit me the other day. one toon was listed twice. i was there, but wasnt able to use or do anything to build it. i could gather stuff, but wasnt able to use it on the bench.
    went to the launch site, and it took off.
    got my daily points and rewards though.
    It sucks when you can't participate but as long as you get your daily and marks it's all that matters.

It's not all that matters because it DOES suck when you can't participate. If I have to do the doodah, I want to actually be able to play the darn mini-game. And what sucks is this has worked fine for years, and now, somehow, they borked it.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Some of my captains also keep the backpack when they leave the event.

Actually, that was always the case, and you'll probably notice that it disappears after a few minutes. I always thought that was kind of cool.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Amateur, beat this one. :)

5ooZ8c2.jpg

Cheaters! XD

I had the bug about half the time I did it, but I always got my reward at the end, so I guess I was lucky.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I've also been experiencing this bug, as well.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • mixx2005mixx2005 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @tazurensavulen said:
    > So I have encountered a bug where one of the other contestant's name was used twice. Once for their slot, and again for my slot. I do not know why this has happened.

I had the same issue today, the event would let me collect parts, and even adjust parts, but I couldn't drop off parts, and my name never appeared. I did get the credit for the event though, Marks and the daily, as well as the badge chest.
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    For Support: this bug is able to be reproduced. If you try to sign-up for an additional run of the mission before leaving the mission , i.e. your still at the rocket launch pad in the mission, there is about an 80% chance you will get the double name on the next mission. Hope this helps.
  • captlipmancaptlipman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Submitted bug yesterday and it was updated and said they are aware of the issue. No other info other than they need to wait for a fix.
  • zhyestzhyest Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    captlipman wrote: »
    Submitted bug yesterday and it was updated and said they are aware of the issue. No other info other than they need to wait for a fix.

Typical Cryptic, honestly. Been a bug for over a year, and they release the same mess. Then they have the gall to charge $300 for lifesubs, and goodness knows how much else for zen ships etc.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I'm not sure how people are still getting credit when this happens. It just happened to me and I didn't get credit for participating in the event at all. I DO, however get to enjoy an AFK penalty and am locked out of ALL queues. :s
  • rey#1619 rey Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've had it happen to me several times during this event, I've left the TFO a few times when it happened, because the times I've stayed to the end without being able to do anything, I've not gotten the box and even got AFK penalty. The rocket TFO is essentially unplayable at the moment which is a shame because it's a fun little mission that I enjoy playing!
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Been on both sides of the bug and have noticed some things.

1. The rockets are not both tied to the one person, even though it looks like they are. On occasions where someone else has been bugged and they don't do much (or do just a little bit of collecting) the rocket that should be theirs tends to blow up real quick. When I was the one bugged I kept collecting parts and then adjusting parts, keeping track mentally of what I had, and I had an all purple rocket that went the furthest, even though my name wasn't on the list.

2. If you just stand around once you see you're bugged, then you'll probably get an AFK penalty, just go collect parts and then adjust parts later on and hopefully you'll get credit.

3. The backpacks lasting beyond the TFO might be related to the cause of the bug. When I logged in I had a green backpack (obviously left over from the last time I did the TFO) and previously I'd seen that it took quite a while for it to vanish, so I didn't wait and joined the TFO queue. When I got in the TFO it gave me a yellow backpack, and I noticed that my name was also shown for green. If people are using the TFO to farm marks, then they may be going back into the TFO wearing a backpack from the last time they did it, and thus the bug happens. (Right now this is just a theory, but it fits what I observed today.) The backpack thing can affect people who are in space too, I've beamed into ESD wearing a backpack after doing the TFO from Sol System.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    I have had issue occur 3 times to me and also observed case where it occurred to someone else in event.

In all cases, in the list of event contestants, one person will in that list twice, assigned to 2 model rockets. The odd person out can still collect parts but will not see status update since they are not in group list. Just stick with the event to the end because you will still get the mission reward.