test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T5 Ha'nom Guardian Warbird not upgradeable

garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
I made a new Reman sci captain a little while ago to use the lvl-65 boost that has been sitting in my bank. After using the boost and getting to level 65, I went back to claim a free T5 warbird and chose the Ha'nom. The problem is it is not showing upgradeable to T5U. Other T5 ships have the Upgrade tab in the ship selector that will turn into the Mastery tab once upgraded, but the Ha'nom does not have this.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Most T5 ships can be upgraded to T5-U, but not all.
    Those that can be claimed as 'free' by Level 40 Requisition Tokens, along with many of the blue-quality Requisition Pack ships, cannot be upgraded.
    This includes the Ha'nom.

The STO Wiki has a nice list of the Playable Ships available in the game with the T5 section split into two columns.
    The left column mostly contains all the ships that cannot be upgraded.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yea, as inferiority said, not all T5 ships are up-gradable to T5-U. All the Dyson ship can. Some are a free upgrade, some others require you to purchase a T5 upgrade token from the zen store
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Wow. This makes no sense why some T5 ships have been left out. This makes it even more urgent to get a T6 Ha'nom because it is my favorite ship.

Been playing for almost 10 years, and I learned something new today!

This thread can be closed. @darkbladejk
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Wow. This makes no sense why some T5 ships have been left out.
    The ones left out, are ships that can basically be obtained for free.
    Any ship you had to pay Zen to acquire, or play Winter & Summer events to obtain, can be upgraded.

Those two rules don't quite cover it exactly, but they do cover most of it.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I understand that, but I don't understand what the way of obtaining a ship should have to do with being able to upgrade it. T5 should be T5, no matter how you got the ship. After all, you still have to use an upgrade token.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    /closed by request
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.