test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Promoships as Account unlock

2»

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,485 Arc User
    danson666 wrote: »
    Was it Keal who says No, or was it someone higher who said No. Because he is the Community Manager not CEO or marketing Manager, who decided it. That was the point of the Question earlier.

He doesn't make the decisions, he only communicates them to us. For this it would be someone high up at either Cryptic or possibly even PWE that made the decision.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited March 31
    danson666 wrote: »
    Was it Keal who says No, or was it someone higher who said No. Because he is the Community Manager not CEO or marketing Manager, who decided it. That was the point of the Question earlier.

He doesn't make the decisions, he only communicates them to us. For this it would be someone high up at either Cryptic or possibly even PWE that made the decision.

And yet, we also know that response has been tempered by Mudd Market bundles. They're pricey, but they do offer account-wide unlocks of ships that were previously single-character unlocks. It's just that bundles have not, to date, included any of the really popular promo, lockbox, or lobi ships...and I would never expect them to, either.

I'd love the account-wide plasma storm...but I don't really care for the ships. Oh well.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 3,760 Arc User
    It would be nice if they made the phoenix box ships account-wide even if they don't the others, the odds are so much worse than just about anything else that there is really not much incentive to open extra boxes in the hope of getting an epic token anyway so most open them for the upgrades and little else so making them account wide would not reduce the dil-sink aspect much if any at all.
  • corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    It would be nice if they made the phoenix box ships account-wide even if they don't the others, the odds are so much worse than just about anything else that there is really not much incentive to open extra boxes in the hope of getting an epic token anyway so most open them for the upgrades and little else so making them account wide would not reduce the dil-sink aspect much if any at all.

I think the concern is that it, at least superficially, reduces the maximum dil value of the prize packs. The problem is that the 'maximum' value is so wildly out of touch with the reality of how the players view and use prize packs, that it just doesn't matter. Nobody is buying up prize packs to unlock all the ships they're missing on all their characters. In fact, I'd put good money on there not being a *SINGLE* player in the entire game having unlocked more than a few of them across more than a handful of characters (sourced from prize packs). At the current prize rates and purchase rates, it would take years, possibly decades, before prize packs reach maximum saturation even with account-wide ship unlocks. And only if they stop adding new things to those prize packs.