test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spore-Infused Anomalies Starship Trait does not work as intended

cheri474cheri474 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
The starship trait "Spore-Infused Anomalies" off of the Somerville Intel Science Vessel [T6] does not drain the amount of energy given in the tooltip. I thourougly tested it against a player with 0 drain resistance, and they always lost 5 all power levels per ability activation. The given amount in the tooltip is -71.3 all power levels with my current Starship Drain Expertise of 751. I also reduced my Starships Drain Expertise to 432, and increased it to 830 in further tests but the energy drain did neither fall bellow nor exceed -5 all power levels per ability activation.

Other members of my fleet tested it aswell and came to the same conclusion.
Tagged:

Comments

• barryblaster#2994 barryblaster Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    That is concerning. I'm a huge fan of SIA for its drain capability myself. Despite that he had no drain resistance on his ship, are you certain that his skill tree (Improved drain expertise) and endeavor (Drain resist) were not a factor? I will run some tests with some other friends to see how it goes for me.

Also, what starship traits other than SIA are you running? Are you using GW and/or tyken's rift to manifest the SIA?
  • barryblaster#2994 barryblaster Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    After running a few tests with another player, I also encountered similar issues with the SIA drain proc. The other player didn't have much drain resistance, yet I was able to proc other drain capabilities against him (tyken's rift, pilfered power via GW, subsystem targeting drain, neutronic torp, etc.). Arc has also taken my ticket into consideration via their dev team, but there's no knowing when we could see a fix on this. At least they acknowledged it as an actual bug.
  • kygome#8370 kygome Member Posts: 2 New User
    is there a way to increase the amount if times spore infused anomalies hits with a duty officer or some other method? I see some people making it go off almost nonstop. Is it broken?
  • anubis77canubis77c Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I confirmed this in my testing as well, at any drainx skill and any target drain resistance level, it always drains about 5-6 power per activation.

It was not always this way, so I'm not sure if I can pinpoint exactly when this happened. But I ran a drainx pvp build about a year ago and prior to using it in public arenas, I tested and confirmed the drain was much higher (I believe at the time my Spores drained about 50 power, and it was draining 25 per activation against a target with 100drainx resist)
    Nope, I was wrong, it may have never worked correctly

is there a way to increase the amount if times spore infused anomalies hits with a duty officer or some other method? I see some people making it go off almost nonstop. Is it broken?

That is not broken, read the trait. Every time you activate a science or intel ability, it procs, and if you have deployed multiple anomalies, they all do. Especially a ship with mostly intel+sci seating, you can activate the trait many many times in a short span of time.
    Post edited by anubis77c on
    PvP Guides and Build Help Videos

Co-Founder of OrganizedPvP https://discord.gg/Uf2ywQvfsg
    -STO- Community Fleet Officer & Build Advisor (21,000 characters, 3800+ unique players active on discord)
    Build Curator for STOBUILDS