test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Recruit K'Gan Bug

Cannot retrieve K'Gan from the imperial officer at the academy after dismissal, while being a Klingon Recruit. Don't know if purposefully changed or if he actually is bugged.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,015 Arc User
    You can retrieve K'Gan after you dismiss him?
    I didn't know that.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I was under the impression that once a Bridge Officer is dismissed they are gone fore good. The exceptions being the ones you can't actually get rid of at all.
  • Options
    glacerade#1373 glacerade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    > @inferiority said:
    > You can retrieve K'Gan after you dismiss him?
    > I didn't know that.

Elisa Flores and K'Gan you can retrieve. I believe Tovan Khev is the one you can't since the wiki states you can't dismiss him because he is story bound. I was able to retrieve K'Gan prior to House Reborn by talking to the Imperial Personnel Auditor behind S'taass. I don't know if it is exclusive to the Klingon Recruit or if it bugged from the change and I will not attempt to try dismissing him on my older characters to test the theory, lol.
    Post edited by glacerade#1373 on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    > @knightmare#8708 said:
    > I was under the impression that once a Bridge Officer is dismissed they are gone fore good. The exceptions being the ones you can't actually get rid of at all.

Elisa Flores and K'Gan are the only exceptions as they can be retrieved from the factions' respective academies after being dismissed, though I don't remember if their traits are weaker or not. I have dismissed and retrieved both in the past. I believe you can get rid of any boff besides Tovan Khev; you might have confused it with the fact you can't RENAME Flores or K'Gan. That or you can't dismiss them till after you complete the factions' tutorials. I originally dismissed him so my Ferasen boffs will be older and appear as the primary boffs for the character selection screen and appear most prominently in dialogue for the game, since older boffs have priority with their seniority.

Though now it seems they changed the pose positions for the character selection screen and am a little miffed at this revelation. I seriously don't wanna make another Recruit just to get K'Gan back and use more Zen for Ferasen Boffs.
  • Options
    If you have already purchased Farasen boff then you do not need to do so again, they are available for all characters on the account as many times as you want, same goes for the Aenar on fed side and any other Boff from the personal tab, so you don't need to spend anymore zen, unless it is a different account that is.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    > @knightmare#8708 said:
    > If you have already purchased Farasen boff then you do not need to do so again, they are available for all characters on the account as many times as you want, same goes for the Aenar on fed side and any other Boff from the personal tab, so you don't need to spend anymore zen, unless it is a different account that is.

It is once per character, not account, unless they JUST changed that recently. Because I had bought Ferasan and Catian boffs multiple times (including on the Klingon Recruit character I had just made this past week). I could get multiple boffs after buying it once on a character, but had to buy it again on another.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,015 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    ...appear as the primary boffs for the character selection screen...
    The Boffs on the character selection screen are those that you have assigned to your Away Team.

...appear most prominently in dialogue for the game...
    These are the Boffs that you assign to your ship stations (and as your department heads in the Duty Officer interface, if you play on PC).
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    > @inferiority said:
    > The Boffs on the character selection screen are those that you have assigned to your Away Team.

Yes, and older boffs take priority over newer boffs, doesn't matter which positions on the away team you put them because the positions on the menu are based on the age of the boffs.

> These are the Boffs that you assign to your ship stations (and as your department heads in the Duty Officer interface, if you play on PC).

Yes, and it depends on whether the dialogue is coming from tactical/science/engineer boffs; however, say I have 2 science boffs in ship stations, if a science officer is required for the appropriate dialogue, then the older boff will be the one talking most of the time (and if the older boff is on the away team while the newer one isn't, the newer boff will talk from the ship). I made the original post in xbox gameplay bug reports, so no i don't play on PC. Everything I've said so far is true because it was found out personally through trial and error, plus from other corroborating posts that helped me understand the quirks of the game.

I'm doing this just for a little extra fun and doesn't ruin the game if i can't have my way, lol. This stuff wouldn't bother me really because i don't get rid of boffs unless i can redeem them, like K'Gan. Just miffed because i don't want to spend zen on another character for zen-store boffs JUST because now i can't get K'Gan back when i should've been able to, like i always did.
  • Options
    > @knightmare#8708 said:
    > If you have already purchased Farasen boff then you do not need to do so again, they are available for all characters on the account as many times as you want, same goes for the Aenar on fed side and any other Boff from the personal tab, so you don't need to spend anymore zen, unless it is a different account that is.

It is once per character, not account, unless they JUST changed that recently. Because I had bought Ferasan and Catian boffs multiple times (including on the Klingon Recruit character I had just made this past week). I could get multiple boffs after buying it once on a character, but had to buy it again on another.

I can get them for any character as many times as I like I have an entire bridge crew of Aenar and Farasen Boffs, Sci Eng and Tact all on my newly created Klingon recruit and Fed Char. I only had to pay once for them on the account, maybe Lifetime membership has something to do with it.