Options

Honor system, based on contributions in TFOs

13»

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Sure @coldnapalm I help where I can. 😃

If I look at our database he should be in DPS-Gold though already.

https://sto-dps.danfai.de/user.php?user=@westmetals
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    @westmetals

If you like, feel free to add me to friends in game (@seaofsorrows) and I can pull you in on some queue runs if you like. I can also add you to our ‘Voice OC’ channel for our fleet and allies. You should be able to get in on some queue runs, RTFO’s, whatever you like. If you don’t like to parse and want to get some uploads in, we can help you there as well. Both @peterconnorfirst and I are active on the channel as are a few others from this forum.

No pressure either way.. all good, offer is there if you want it. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I don’t know @westmetals

Your posts read like that @seaofsorrows offer about a VoC invite is the best offer you can get in STO. There isn’t a place in game where DPS and non DPS minded player get along so perfectly and enrich each other with what they offer.

There are multiple ways to counter the PvE problems you experience. No reason at all to refuse help, unless of course you want to have those problems. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Keep it civil guys, and stop sniping at each other. Best I can figure this is getting into borderline close territory. If it keeps up I will close. So more CONSTRUCTIVE debate and less personal jabs over positions.

My personal 2 ECs... its a bad idea, and way too complicated to impliment anyways. No MMO that I am aware of has anything remotely close to this. I play FF14, and the only system they have that I am aware of to judge if a player is ready for certain content is level requirement and gear score, with gear score being a MINIMUM needed to do the dungeon. In some cases they even CAP the gear score if you're overleveled and overgeared.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    i can imagine, that the terms "honor" or "negative honor" are not everyone taste

This jewel of your post, what is it I ask, an insult or a blackmail, if we did not agree with you, or your vision of the fun, then what we are a honor-less petaQ's ?

Looking at above don't be so shocked, when some of guys who reply to this topic, tells you that you wish to force players to play your way by questioning their intentions or honor, and after reading your replays i agree with them, because your proposal is too narrow minded, too shortsighted, and presented ONLY from your point of view, and only from you convenience.

This reply is not to insult you or anything, but looking from calm and outside point of view, your proposal its really very egoistical and selfish one, that don't care about others, and their statuses (wealth, time played, time to play, builds, gear, ships, traits, and so on), so i hope that you understand and rethink it, before you post it again because its interesting concept, but for now, a lot of players/readers can feel ridiculed, discriminated or insulted by your choice of form/words. That is all from me.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    I've said it before and I will say it again.

What the devs really need to do is upgrade the bonus rewards for going after optional things, so people are more inclined to do them.
    And then properly inform players that they "can now get more bonus marks for going after optional things", so they actually know and understand it, and are willing to try it out and see its worth it.
    It's as simple as that.

They don't need to add another point system to keep track of.
    And certainly not add a system that reward negative points for not going after OPTIONAL things. I mean its literally in the name that its OPTIONAL! Its not gonna be optional if you get points taken away from you. :s

And yeah, calling it honor points is a bit silly.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Not only that, there's at least one TFO that is almost guaranteed to ding everyone. Azure Nebula's optional is HIGHLY dependant on RNG, and most of the time you fail the optional because the Random Number Gods don't give you the ships you need to hit the point total needed for the optional.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sleepwalker#8777 sleepwalker Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Azure Nebula's optional is HIGHLY dependant on RNG..
    it is also a time related optional target.. and i realy think, they should give NO positive honor, since the system then never could adjust properly to a playstyle
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Azures RNG would need adjusted for sure since as others have said its a crapshoot whether or not the game spawns enough value to get the amount required, assuming it doesn't get that buggy spawn which would negate any chance due to nothing appearing.

Back before PVP was revamped and rewarded afk and leeching WOW did have an honour system for that which was a weekly ranking setup that you had to engage in pvp to progress rank or at least maintain it. AV could take best part of a day to get a win with the ebb and flow of map control and summons meant something. The only real downside to the ranking and honour system was that you might be reluctant to use that character in openworld group pvp (southshore to tarren mill was popular on the server I was on) because if someone in your group started killing indiscriminately you'd get the dishonour from it.

I suppose STO could adopt and adapt that into an actual endeavour system where you need to complete a set number of optionals in higher level queues each week not only to progress but also to maintain the bonuses. Those bonuses, rather than yet more meaningless powercreep, could be things like access to a store that offers bragging rights cosmetics for ec or latinum or even more tangible perks like a small boost to the daily dil refining cap for that specific character.

But cryptic always seem reluctant to reward play when they can just dangle a carrot and have players burn out in an endless cycle of events while trying to gouge them in the zen store at every opportunity.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I really don't see how this would work, tbh.
    As many have said, it's highly complex to implement and it would do nothing but divide the playerbase even more and we really, truly don't have the numbers for it.

Also, I'm sorry but this is completely uncalled for and, quite frankly, it's just another round-about way of saying "I HATE DPSers and I want to punish them", because that's what you're actually going for.
    Optionals are just that: optionals. Which means that they are **not** necessary to successfully complete the queue.
    If you want a group that consistently go for them, there are tons of way to achieve that, as many have already pointed out, without the need to go and aggravate/punish people that don't want to (or can't contribute to) complete them.

Do I get frustrated when people can't hold their horses for such stupid optionals like the ones in BotS? Yes, of course, because they're stupidly easy to do and requires just, maybe, a couple more minutes **total** to complete.
    Do I want to punish them? No, absolutely not.

The problem with this system is that you want to force **your** way of playing onto everyone else... the Devs are already doing that with every new, idiotic, time-gated drivel they force feed us, all the while boasting about letting us "play as we want to play".
    We really don't need players going for this TRIBBLE, too.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.