test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Steamrunner coming sometime this year(news from the livestream)

13»

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I think they're gonna move away from multiple ships bundles

This seems unlikely based on what Kael has said, according to him individual ships don't sell as well as bundles do.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I think they're gonna move away from multiple ships bundles

This seems unlikely based on what Kael has said, according to him individual ships don't sell as well as bundles do.
    I think they're gonna move away from multiple ships bundles unless they go in the Mudd's Market
    If you quote stuff, quote it right instead of cutting off the part that don't fit your narrative, whatever that may be.

As for Kael... of course he said that.
    When in the last three years alone they have released only 3 ships as "original" single ships (in the respective "legendary" packs) while releasing 8 bundles (or 6, if you don't want to include the anniversary ones), it's easy to say that "single ships don't sell as well as bundles do".
    Once again, they creat the problem and then turn it around to use it as justification for whatever rhetoric they're gonna push.

Not to mention that, contrary to what happens in many other games, once you buy part of a bundle you can't buy the rest unless you go for single buys.
    Where they to allow us to buy one ship and then the bundle later on at a discount, things would change drastically.
    They can do that, as shown by the Gamma and Discovery packs for example. They simply don't want to for whatever reason.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Not to mention that, contrary to what happens in many other games, once you buy part of a bundle you can't buy the rest unless you go for single buys.
    Where they to allow us to buy one ship and then the bundle later on at a discount, things would change drastically.
    They can do that, as shown by the Gamma and Discovery packs for example. They simply don't want to for whatever reason.

The reason is plain for all to see: It is so they can sucker a handful of folks into paying for the same ship twice.

garaffe wrote: »
    The reason is plain for all to see: It is so they can sucker a handful of folks into paying for the same ship twice.

I mean, I could understand that if that was actually the case.
    As it stands, it's not, because you cannot buy the bundle if you bought one of the ships individually. You try that, and the bundle will actually disappear from the Zen Store, so not only you won't be able to buy it, you won't even **see it**!
    What kind of idiotic thing is that?!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Exactly.

Hesitant as I am to bring this up again, its difficult to forget that we were told that "The ship release schedule is put together to take the most advantage of the ships that will get the biggest section of the playerbase excited. Generally, the doesn't mean, as beloved as they are, ships that were background ships during a classic Star Trek series".

So going by that statement I guess we're supposed to blindly accept that the Steamrunner class, which is the very epitome of a "background ship", is something that will "get the biggest section of the playerbase excited"?

Am I the only one detecting strong traces of male bovine fecal matter here?!

You are not. Quite frankly, at this point, their credibility is well over six-feet-under, no matter how much some people twist and turns to try and defend them.
    They even contradicts themselves, because "if you make it, they will buy it"... and yet, they don't make it and then have the absolute galls of saying "you aren't buying it".
    I cannot buy something that doesn't exist. And if it doesn't exist then it cannot sell.

Again: they create the problem and then turn it around to make it seems like it's our fault and use that as their main justification.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    garaffe wrote: »

I mean, I could understand that if that was actually the case.
    As it stands, it's not, because you cannot buy the bundle if you bought one of the ships individually. You try that, and the bundle will actually disappear from the Zen Store, so not only you won't be able to buy it, you won't even **see it**!
    What kind of idiotic thing is that?!
    Exactly.

Hesitant as I am to bring this up again, its difficult to forget that we were told that "The ship release schedule is put together to take the most advantage of the ships that will get the biggest section of the playerbase excited. Generally, the doesn't mean, as beloved as they are, ships that were background ships during a classic Star Trek series".

So going by that statement I guess we're supposed to blindly accept that the Steamrunner class, which is the very epitome of a "background ship", is something that will "get the biggest section of the playerbase excited"?

Am I the only one detecting strong traces of male bovine fecal matter here?!

You are not. Quite frankly, at this point, their credibility is well over six-feet-under, no matter how much some people twist and turns to try and defend them.
    They even contradicts themselves, because "if you make it, they will buy it"... and yet, they don't make it and then have the absolute galls of saying "you aren't buying it".
    I cannot buy something that doesn't exist. And if it doesn't exist then it cannot sell.

Again: they create the problem and then turn it around to make it seems like it's our fault and use that as their main justification.

I just realised we're replying in a thread created by someone who has all the character traits of the average politian, and one who admires the 'clever' wordplay (in this case, using 'generally' as a get-out-of-jail-free card') of his beloved leader.

I will therefore refrain from replying further.

I will follow your lead. No point in arguing anything further.
    kv1Ohsx.png

This discussion has been closed.