test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mission: "Omega Molecule Stabilization" is broken - again!! (Same bug every year...)

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
Upon taking this mission today from Q, I was only given 2 destinations to go and scan.
The mission won't complete unless you scan 3 destinations - but I only had two.
Tried to abandon and retake, tried on other characters without any success.

How many years have we had this bug happen on Consoles now? Seventeen? Eighteen? Feels like it's around that...
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• Options
    It worked on March 4th and 5th, probably due to the 4 having a patch and the 5th seeing a server restart.
    However, today, 6th March, only 2 destinations again.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    March 7th:
    Today, I was given 5 destinations by Q, so was able to successfully turn in the mission.
    Something is clearly broken.
  • Options
    March 8th:
    Q gave me 4 destinations today, so the mission was able to be completed. That's 2 days in a row - woohoo!
  • Options
    March 9th:
    3 destinations were given today, so that makes 3 days in a row.
    (I hope the 5-4-3-? pattern won't continue in tomorrow's mission...)
  • Options
    March 10th:
    Mission worked perfectly today, likely due to the server maintenance/restart.

If the pattern holds, it will be broken tomorrow!
  • Options
    raven85#0705 raven85 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Maybe the extra location objectives were to make up for the ones missing before ;)
  • Options
    March 11th:
    I was so relieved to be given 3 destinations to scan, but still puzzled that all 3 yield the same colour of Omega Sliver - Starfleet Academy, Earth Space Dock (Interior) and Outside Earth Space Dock.
    It is broken... It won't go...
    At least I didn't have far to go to get them all! :wink:
  • Options
    March 12th:
    2 Yellows and 1 Red today
    What's going on with this mission? At least I got 3 destinations again.
  • Options
    March 13th:
    4 destinations again, so mission was completed. However, 2 Yellow and 2 Blue destinations.
  • Options
    March 14th & March 15th:
    Both days I have had 4 destinations to choose from so have been able to complete the mission.
    However, today, the 15th, of those destinations, none were Yellow.
    I'd like to have a red, yellow and blue destination each day to try and keep my slivers equal, please.
  • Options
    March 16th to March 19th:
    Each day, I've had a selection of places to explore and scan, but usually missing one of the three colours.

March 20th:
    Today, I only had the three destinations, and each one was a different colour.
    The mission worked correctly today!
  • Options
    March 21st:
    Only 2 destinations given and therefore, the mission could not be completed.

March 22nd and 23rd:
    Five destinations yesterday, and four today - mission could be completed. However, today's destinations were 2 yellow and 2 red.
  • Options
    March 24th and 25th:
    Had multiple choices of destinations leading to all 3 colours as options.

March 26th:
    Only 3 destinations today, but at least it worked properly giving me 3 and one of each colour too.
  • Options
    March 27th:
    Worked perfectly today - 3 destinations allowing me to scan each colour.
  • Options
    March 28th to 31st:
    Enough destinations each day to allow completion of the Omega Scanning Daily mission - usually 1 or 2 extra's, too.

April 1st:
    Only 2 destinations & so opted to run a TFO to get the daily bonus dilithium.

March 31st:
    I had fun creating a spreadsheet that calculated what I could make from the various Omega parts I had.
    I made it work backwards from the remnants to tell me how many of each particle I then needed to scan so that I had minimal leftovers. :wink: