test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bring back more original content episodes.

halfmoon10halfmoon10 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
I still really like playing the original content episodes and wish even more would be made available again ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Some were switched to your available tab while some others were removed for reworking.

For the latter there's some explanation in a current thread here.

If you're having trouble accessing certain story arcs via your available tab the prerequisites can be found at the end of this thread.

Hope this helps.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    For some reason the stuff in the "Available" tab does not always unlock with the "galaxy at large" thing though, and since the flags are invisible to the player it is impossible to determine which one along the line failed to toggle, so they would have to do something like repeat the entire Klingon war arc and hope that shakes it loose (just a guess, but it may be the ones missing for revamp (like Past Imperfect) are not always bridged over right and bug out on some people).
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    There are two things I wish could happen.

First, that the missions undergoing a revamp come back. Some of them were good, had decent lore bits in the story, and (as someone pointed out in another thread) featured voice actors who are no longer with us.

Second, that the missions moved to "Galaxy at large" status get some better organization. Ideally, they could get their own "side missions" tab in the Episodes section, but if that is not possible, at least having some better way for players (especially new players) to know what they are and how to start them would be great. As it is, since you can now pretty much start every episode arc independently of the others, the Available tab is an unholy mess.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Of the three arcs, the Breen arc is important because it introduces the Preserver Archive, and the 2400 is important because it introduces Captain Shon, Loriss, Weyoun, and explains why the Female Changeling isn’t in Starfleet prison anymore.

But the Devidian arc has Bonnie-Kin, so that one is significantly more important than the rest.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    halfmoon10 wrote: »
    I still really like playing the original content episodes and wish even more would be made available again ?

Yes, I would agree. Some older ones are still accessible in 'available' under Open Mission Journal as someone indicated, while they were planning to be reworked or revised 2-3 years ago. Still I think it's taken longer than some expected, they have revised some of the Romulan, and all of the Klingon ones thus far!

The exception I'd love to see return is the one with Miral Paris, yet seems it was removed, even though she greets you on Delta Flight like you've seen her before.

I'd really love to see a few more focused on Exploration, like we saw in Future Proof, New Frontiers, and Gamma Quadrant. Perhaps they have that in mind as very subtle hints have dropped about Cardassia. Though I'd believe it will also have links to the Badlands, though it also be nice to visit Ferenginar, and some other Alpha &/or Gamma Quadrant Systems too.

Have a good day!
    0zxlclk.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Of the three arcs, the Breen arc is important because it introduces the Preserver Archive, and the 2400 is important because it introduces Captain Shon, Loriss, Weyoun, and explains why the Female Changeling isn’t in Starfleet prison anymore.

But the Devidian arc has Bonnie-Kin, so that one is significantly more important than the rest.

Jokes aside, the Devidian arc (Spectres) actually IS significantly more important than the others because it is necessary for Delta Recruit and would also be perfect to include in AoY as a replacement for one of the permanently retired arcs in the AoY transponder since it deals with temporal TOS issues.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User

Jokes aside, the Devidian arc (Spectres) actually IS significantly more important than the others because it is necessary for Delta Recruit and would also be perfect to include in AoY as a replacement for one of the permanently retired arcs in the AoY transponder since it deals with temporal TOS issues.

If I remember correctly you even have some unique dialog with Bones/Scotty if you're a TOS toon.
This discussion has been closed.