test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a good list of free scaling mission reward gear anywhere?

2»

Comments

• Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Just confirmed that the Morphogenic Matrix Controller (from the "Home" mission) *does* upgrade for free. Presumably the rest of the set probably does also.
  • Options
    The Reman Andvanced Prototype Covariant Shield Array (from "Coliseum") does not upgrade for free.

Didn't really expect it to. Still looks fine as a vanity shield.
  • Options
    Solanae Deflector Array (from "A Step Between Stars") does NOT upgrade for free.

That one surprised me actually.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    smi3th wrote: »
    Solanae Deflector Array (from "A Step Between Stars") does NOT upgrade for free.

I think that is because it is so old that it predates normal upgrading.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    The three ship parts from Dust to Dust are my favorite ship parts.
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Dust_to_Dust
    For the longest time, it was my fav ship, but the parts can go on any ship. Unless I am mistaken, the only way to get the Samsar and the engine is via the Phoenix Prize.

This ship offers one of the healingist ship out there. Adda few high level and Purple to Gold SIFs and a death screen will become an increasingly rare thing. YMMV

Dust to Dust is too incredibly annoying and tedious to get through, I only did it once and refuse to do it again without the Samsar to get the complete set for, a ship which I have not been able to get so far for my Kobali alt. The rewards are just not worth the incredible pile of steaming BS which is that mission (it has to be the absolute worst designed one in the game),

I guess everyone has that ONE Mission they can't stand. for me it is/was
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Operation_Gamma
    I hate any mission the forces us to use a Shuttle, but that one is the worst.

And since it's not possible to get all of the Samsar parts it's not as great a deal.

Just out of curiosity, what was the most frustrating part of D2D? The electric slide, the maze or the sliding floors? Or was it all of those parts?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    smi3th wrote: »

I think that is because it is so old that it predates normal upgrading.

I am thinking of this Dilbert quote...
    https://dailywav.com/quotes/dilbert/its-old-technology
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    The three ship parts from Dust to Dust are my favorite ship parts.
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Dust_to_Dust
    For the longest time, it was my fav ship, but the parts can go on any ship. Unless I am mistaken, the only way to get the Samsar and the engine is via the Phoenix Prize.

This ship offers one of the healingist ship out there. Adda few high level and Purple to Gold SIFs and a death screen will become an increasingly rare thing. YMMV

Dust to Dust is too incredibly annoying and tedious to get through, I only did it once and refuse to do it again without the Samsar to get the complete set for, a ship which I have not been able to get so far for my Kobali alt. The rewards are just not worth the incredible pile of steaming BS which is that mission (it has to be the absolute worst designed one in the game),

I guess everyone has that ONE Mission they can't stand. for me it is/was
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_Operation_Gamma
    I hate any mission the forces us to use a Shuttle, but that one is the worst.

And since it's not possible to get all of the Samsar parts it's not as great a deal.

Just out of curiosity, what was the most frustrating part of D2D? The electric slide, the maze or the sliding floors? Or was it all of those parts?

The worst part was the jumping nonsense at the end. I dont really like jumping games to begin with, and over the internet it is even worse because of the inevitable momentary lag spikes of a cable network ISP. The electric part was tolerable but the maze was incredibly boring but not as bad as the jumping.

Overall, while the idea was clever, especially having seen the episode it is based on, but the way it was implemented is incredibly bad and needlessly tedious.

I have a Kobali character (done with 'alien' in the normal Fed generator) and the Kobali doff you get from Dust to Dust and the Kobali uniforms so I was hoping to get a Kobali ship for that captain and the Samsar is the only one which is main reason why I wanted to get it (I made the character before I found out just how low the odds of getting a gold phoenix token was). I have since acquired a Nihydron Destroyer and upgraded it to T5UX and use that instead.
  • Options
    Okay, back to the original topic...

Leck's Throwing Knives (from "Quark's Lucky Seven") DO upgrade for free.
  • Options
    Fluidic Antiproton Assault Dense Beam (from "Mindscape") does NOT upgrade for free.
  • Options
    Dielectric Oscillation Personal Shield Mk (from "Vorgon Conclusions") does NOT upgrade for free. Though apparently the Tetryon Discharge Prism from the same mission does.
  • Options
    altston1909#2309 altston1909 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    What I would like it to make all the episode set reward account unlock, at least on any toon over lvl 50 if not from the start. I really dislike playing certain mission 3 or 4 time on all toons that find the sets useful.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Kentari Partisan Residuum Thrower (from "Mirrors and Smoke") DOES upgrade for free. Probably means the whole ground set does.

We had already confirmed the missiles from this mission upgraded for free.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I believe that, even if you are Level 65, the Replica Thompson, drops as a Mark X and does NOT upgrade for free.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.