test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Colony World Provision need more sources.

whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 86 Arc User
edited February 11 in Fleet System and Holdings
Could you please add them to all Lukari TFO. Also, scale them them with the difficulty level to encourage fleets to do Elite. Maybe add them to Reputation System as a project. Thank you.

Comments

• westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 5,466 Arc User
    The idea was to encourage people to do colony sims. After ~16 or so max-reward sims (and that is assuming one character; if your fleet does them as a group you can do this from as little as ONE sim)... you can get the colony fully upgraded to tier 1, and after that it will self generate enough provisions for 2 projects per week.
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    That's not the point. I am trying to earn Fleet Credits. We also host an Armada and the smaller fleets can't get them fast enough. Plus, no one's doing sims anymore, and when they do most host require at least 1 engineer per spot. But everyone can use "Throw Regenerative Nanite Canister" so you don't need engineers. Also, their just not fun anymore.

You know how hard it is to get enough fleet-mates together at the same time. People have real life to live. The point is let people have fun on their own time table, and not dictate how someone must live or how they must play a game. Good customer service is to adapt to the customers needs. Business that can't do this die.
    People do still do sims. And you don't need the other players to be fleet-mates; I only mentioned that in terms of the amount of rewards that would accrue to your fleet (because those players could each earn and donate the rewards simultaneously).
    edited February 18
    Edit
    I don't understand why you're even in this conversation. This is a request to the developers. I am not seeking your permission. Nor your input.
  • r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    when you make post on here it is open for anyone to respond be it devs fellow players etc the chances of you getting a responce from developers of the game are very slim to none if you don't want peoples imput then don't post on here
    edited March 18
    I don't understand why you're even in this conversation. This is a request to the developers. I am not seeking your permission. Nor your input.

This is a public discussion forum.

I'm a player who was in pretty much your position, in the summer of 2018. My fleets (Fed and KDF) were struggling to get our colonies started and nobody really seemed interested in sims. I did them. By myself (joining in public ones). I had a blast, was doing an average of a dozen a week. For a few months. By the end of that run (thanks to my generosity), not only my fleets but every fleet in both armadas was at least levelled up enough to activate the self-generation (and my own fleets were at or near Tier 3).

At that point I scaled way back and have since only done them sporadically.

The Fed fleet just finished off the Colony completely about two months ago; the KDF fleet is now nearing Tier 4. And to my knowledge, the number of those provisions that were earned by other players than me is... tiny. (Oh, there's about four other players in one of the other fleets in the armada who sim, but not nearly as often.) (I also bought some provisions, for the Fed fleet's Tier 5 projects... the fleet reimbursed me for about half the cost, and I made the rest by selling a lobi ship).
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited April 15
    Here is the problem... The Colony Invasion was, I would say, wildly popular at one time. It was a great source for not only the provisions themselves, but you could earn a nice amount of Fleet Credits, and many Damage/Kill accolades could be gained from doing a single run. That was, until the Devs decided that players were making too much EC selling the provisions (which they are still doing). Even selling them through your Replicator could earn you well over a mil EC per run.

That pretty much killed the Colony Invasions. They are, and still, the best source to get all three of the colony provisions (If you can get enough people to do one nowadays). But, as stated before, the devs killed it by making the provisions Bound to Character. Players still make money off of them by joining a fleet long enough to donate, get their money, and move on to the next sim to refill their personal stash and sell to the next fleet.

I do find it funny, though, that you can earn lots of EC simply by doing Endeavors (in some cases, much more than you could from selling your provisions through the replicator), but they felt the need to "nerf" the Colony Provisions because we were making too much money.

-WB- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -WB- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / Project Phoenix
    ikonn#1068 wrote: »
    Here is the problem... The Colony Invasion was, I would say, wildly popular at one time. It was a great source for not only the provisions themselves, but you could earn a nice amount of Fleet Credits, and many Damage/Kill accolades could be gained from doing a single run. That was, until the Devs decided that players were making too much EC selling the provisions (which they are still doing). Even selling them through your Replicator could earn you well over a mil EC per run.

That pretty much killed the Colony Invasions. They are, and still, the best source to get all three of the colony provisions (If you can get enough people to do one nowadays). But, as stated before, the devs killed it by making the provisions Bound to Character. Players still make money off of them by joining a fleet long enough to donate, get their money, and move on to the next sim to refill their personal stash and sell to the next fleet.

I do find it funny, though, that you can earn lots of EC simply by doing Endeavors (in some cases, much more than you could from selling your provisions through the replicator), but they felt the need to "nerf" the Colony Provisions because we were making too much money.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that was not what killed colony simulations. They were going strong for months after the EC nerf and Bound to Character.

What killed them was about a year ago, most of the people who were super enthused about doing them to advance their OWN fleet... got their fleets maxed out and stopped.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but that was not what killed colony simulations. They were going strong for months after the EC nerf and Bound to Character.

What killed them was about a year ago, most of the people who were super enthused about doing them to advance their OWN fleet... got their fleets maxed out and stopped.

My bubble...

Fleets stopped hosting because of the removal of EC value from the provisions. While I agree, there were many fleets hosting sims just long enough to get their Colony Holdings to max, there were other fleets coming up and began hosting to replace them. The decline actually started with the nerf.
    -WB- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -WB- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / Project Phoenix
    edited April 20
    ikonn#1068 wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »

My bubble...

Fleets stopped hosting because of the removal of EC value from the provisions. While I agree, there were many fleets hosting sims just long enough to get their Colony Holdings to max, there were other fleets coming up and began hosting to replace them. The decline actually started with the nerf.

"Decline", sure, but that didn't "kill" them. They stabilized for a long time - at a lower frequency than before, sure - but if you wanted to you could still get into multiple sims per day.

But then there was a second extremely sharp drop that began about, oh, nine months or so ago (since about the 2020 summer event) and continued getting worse into the winter. Not from lack of player interest (I previously saw several times where people planned to host but then cancelled due to lack of participation) but from lack of hosts. Everyone I know that was hosting, capped out their fleets between July and January.. and then stopped hosting. (I was one of the last & that was around January 10th - and as mentioned above I bought a bunch of provs to speed it up, at one point in September I calculated where my fleet was, and projected completion date just relying on autogenning was not until May).

And "there were other fleets coming up and began hosting to replace them"... no longer seems to be true. Now about half the traffic I see on the sim channels is random people begging *someone else* to host a sim... and nobody stepping up. And I only know of one new player who was taught how to host, and his are a disaster because he decided on his own that half the stuff he was taught isn't important.

Now, it's rare to hear about a sim happening at all, except maybe on weekends.