test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground combat

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I just created a new Klingon character to take advantage of the special event, but during ground combat instyead of locking on and firing my weapon, the toon keeps trying to palm strike the enemy even from a distance. While it is doing this, firing the weapon is disabled. Can anyone tell me why it keeps doing this, please?
---
Also, while I have your attention, how does crafting work now? I've just reached level 15, but it's all changed from the days that you consulted Egg on Memory Alpha (or the Klingon equivalent).
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I just created a new Klingon character to take advantage of the special event, but during ground combat instyead of locking on and firing my weapon, the toon keeps trying to palm strike the enemy even from a distance. While it is doing this, firing the weapon is disabled. Can anyone tell me why it keeps doing this, please?
    ---
    Also, while I have your attention, how does crafting work now? I've just reached level 15, but it's all changed from the days that you consulted Egg on Memory Alpha (or the Klingon equivalent).
    Thanks in advance.

crafting is done via the doff menu (there's a special "crafting" section there) as for your combat issues I can't help you there.
  • Options
    [quote="spiritborn;c-13648054"

crafting is done via the doff menu (there's a special "crafting" section there) as for your combat issues I can't help you there.[/quote]

I know that crafting is done via the DOFF menu; my point is that there used to be a tutorial (you went to Memory Alpha and met Egg), and it gave XP. My question is whether there is still something like that?
  • Options
    dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    [quote="spiritborn;c-13648054"

crafting is done via the doff menu (there's a special "crafting" section there) as for your combat issues I can't help you there.

I know that crafting is done via the DOFF menu; my point is that there used to be a tutorial (you went to Memory Alpha and met Egg), and it gave XP. My question is whether there is still something like that?[/quote]

No, memory alpha has been gone for a very long while.
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    You probably have attack 3 (melee/ palm strike) accidently set to autoattack. If it's on your ability bar it will be outlined in green. Right click the icon, it'll remove the green outline and your problem should be fixed.
  • Options
    You probably have attack 3 (melee/ palm strike) accidently set to autoattack. If it's on your ability bar it will be outlined in green. Right click the icon, it'll remove the green outline and your problem should be fixed.

Thanks, but it was in fact because Autoattack was set by default in the options. I changed the pulldown menu to Never Autoattack and the problem went away.