test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devil's Choice crashing

trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
Playing a Romulan character from scratch, I started the above mission and went to infiltrate the Elachi Station. However, every single time I'm in the process of loading into that map - or even shortly after that point - the game crashes and gives me a 'general crash' bug report. It's only suggestions are updating my game and/or system software, but the thing is, both were completely updated before the first crash, along with after.

I can skip the mission just fine, but it's otherwise unplayable due to this issue.
Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.

Comments

• phaeonixphaeonix Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I came here to say the same thing. Romulan character playing through for the first time. Sometimes I can load in to my ship in space and start the mission from there, other times I get in to the mission, but either way it blue screens and gives the error:

An error has occurred in the following application:
    (CE-38700-8)
    Star Trek Online

And, of course, it's stopping me from getting a Trophy (and it's not even Temporal Ambassador!) as it's the last mission of the Vengeance arc.

Sheng@Royce_Falco
  • fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I created 4 or 5 Romulan characters, the last one, one week before they release the last patch on PS4, and never got a problem, i done all the missions. The only problem i got was on Temporal ambassador mission

Sadly since the last PS4 patch several missions are bugged.
    If you try to do them, at some point the game crash, and to be able to re-log on your character (if log on your character crash) you have to wait a bit (the time for the server to delete your session) ...
    Missions i notified are : Measure of Morality, What's left behind, and probably others...

If the bug persist, you can skip the mission, and return to it later ;(

PS : You could also create a ticket on Support...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • lordshadow369#2835 lordshadow369 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm a new player been stuck on this mission can't progress in story wish they would fix i was really having fun
    edited January 2021
    I'm a new player been stuck on this mission can't progress in story wish they would fix i was really having fun

You can skip the mission from : Menu ->Mission journal-> episodes -> (click mission, Vengeance missions list-> choose Devil choice, and square button on it, then Skip, and do the next one...
    I agree it is not the best for the immersion, but at least you can continue your mission and do this one when they will fix it, if Cryptic fix it ...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • redmenace1redmenace1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Playing a Romulan from the start and running into this same bug trying to load the Elachi subspace station on the final portion of 'Whats left behind'. Been going on a week, each time with same crash upon loading the station map. Filed a support ticket, they directed me to this thread :/
    redmenace1 wrote: »
    Playing a Romulan from the start and running into this same bug trying to load the Elachi subspace station on the final portion of 'Whats left behind'. Been going on a week, each time with same crash upon loading the station map. Filed a support ticket, they directed me to this thread :/

You are not alone : https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13644742#Comment_13644742
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    The latest maintenance seems to have accidentally affected this, just a bit. Sometimes when I load into the mission today, it still crashes immediately, but sometimes it loads into the Elachi station just fine... but you can only spend a minute or so on that map before the crash happens anyway.

^So maybe the incompatibility/whatever issue is on the map as a whole, rather than any specific Boff/beam-in triggers and such...
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • robsr1967#8084 robsr1967 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Every time I try to even open my Reman character, it crashes. I can’t even drop the mission.
    wait until the server delete your session, it take sometime 10-20 minutes, then your character will be in open space (sector space) and not in the crashed mission...
  • I am continuously encountering a crash of the game halfway through trying to play the Delta Quadrant mission “What's Left Behind” on PS4.
    Once I get partway through, to the point in the game where I need to beam over my character and bridge officers, the game completely crashes. If I try to open the game and go back to my character, it just crashes out again. After a while, the mission will have timed out and I can get back to my character, but if I try to resume the mission, will get the same error.
    I tried abandoning the quest and starting from scratch, and can once again play partway through, but once it gets to the 'beam over' portion of the mission, the same crash cycle happens again.

This reddit thread suggests it's a known bug but there is no mention of a workaround: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l5uqc7/elachi_station_bug/
  • phaeonixphaeonix Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    (This is basically a repost, but it's the same problem in two places).

Here to report that the same issue is happenign for me with "What's Left Behind."

This makes the "The Delta Quadrant" Trophy unobtainable, and I agree that it seems to be Elachi maps, as "Devil's Choice" still can't be completed by a Romulan for the "Vengeance" Trophy.

Those Elachi, causing trouble in two places with the same problem! :P
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    phaeonix wrote: »
    (This is basically a repost, but it's the same problem in two places).

Here to report that the same issue is happenign for me with "What's Left Behind."

This makes the "The Delta Quadrant" Trophy unobtainable, and I agree that it seems to be Elachi maps, as "Devil's Choice" still can't be completed by a Romulan for the "Vengeance" Trophy.

Those Elachi, causing trouble in two places with the same problem! :P
    Well, 'that' specific map at least, if it's causing the same crashing problem across these two missions that use it. The ship-ground map where we took over the Elachi ship itself, in the mission prior to Devil's choice, played just fine for me.
    Was named Trek17.