What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Falsely Banned (Resolved)

124»

Comments

• Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Got unbanned. Gotta say...this puts some more personal belief in STO support. All things considered, they seemed to be very understanding about it.

Congratz! I'm very happy the situation got resolved in your favour. Enjoy the game :D
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    xgnxlentgamer02xgnxlentgamer02 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    So never been banned in 10+ years of playing this game so all I gotta do is use real money and I can get banned. Now I finally know how to fit in with the rest of the game now.

? huh? He got banned for the reversal of charge. That reversal was sorted out and he got reinstated. it is not uncommon for mmo games to ban an account for a refund for a micro transaction. all sales are final, so be sure you really want it before you pull the trigger.

Here's the thing. As I've said about 100 times now, both Steam and Arc apparently agreed with my decision to get my refund so I could pay it through Arc rather than Steam.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Wow reading through this needless gauntlet of being banned then unbanned then also just watched on YouTube another player that got banned then unbanned recently dealing with a refund situation too but the YouTube was about a Lifetime Subscription. At least, in this case & the case I just watched, in the end both were resolved positively.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Wow reading through this needless gauntlet of being banned then unbanned then also just watched on YouTube another player that got banned then unbanned recently dealing with a refund situation too but the YouTube was about a Lifetime Subscription. At least, in this case & the case I just watched, in the end both were resolved positively.

Sadly, these type of things can happen and no support staff is immune. We just have to hope that it’s a significant minority of the player base that will ever face an issue like this, I suspect that is the case.

Either way, the one thing we know for sure was that in the end Support weighed the situation on it’s merit and made the right decision instead of just saying ‘no, you charged back, you’re banned.’ It’s a good sign that they listened and considered the situation without just dismissing it. I’ll call this one a good sign for PWE Support.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Sadly, these type of things can happen and no support staff is immune. We just have to hope that it’s a significant minority of the player base that will ever face an issue like this, I suspect that is the case.

Either way, the one thing we know for sure was that in the end Support weighed the situation on it’s merit and made the right decision instead of just saying ‘no, you charged back, you’re banned.’ It’s a good sign that they listened and considered the situation without just dismissing it. I’ll call this one a good sign for PWE Support.

I agree with the resolution too. Do I think either of them deserved to go through that much BS? No, but as you stated in the end it was looked at within the context of the situation & I agree with the correct decision being made by PWE/Cryptic, not sure which one handles customer service for STO. Hopefully these were rare examples.
This discussion has been closed.