test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 : Recurrent crash on Measure of morality part 1 each time i log on my toon : Since last patch

fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
edited January 2021 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,
Since the patch (I assume it is since the patch because last week Measure of Morality Part 1 was working perfectly), Measure of Morality Part 1 mission can't be done...
After we speak with Yarnek, and with Burnam, we enter the 1st portal, then Burnam speak to us and crash the game...

I tried, restart, switching to another character, rebuilding database, deleting prefs file, ... nothing is working, the mission is unplayable for me...
I leveled up 3 characters last month, and I never got problems with this mission...

Could it be the last patch which have broken it ?

Please help, or fix it (probably fix than help as usually)..

PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
Post edited by fced on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    And now, after another Measure of Morality part 1 crash after i entered the portal, I can't log anymore on my character, each time i try to log in with my character, the game crash and i get a PS4 blue screen...
    I really hope i haven't lost my progression, gears, etc...

Edit : I was able to relog with my character, but still impossible to do Measure of Morality part 1, each time after i enter the portal and Michael Burnam start to talk, it crash the game... I have done the part 2 without problems...

while re-editing this post and after i finished the part 2 of the Measure of Morality, i re-tried another to continue the broken mission, the Part 1, and the game have crashed again, and again not possible to log with the character... I will have to wait or rebuild the PS4 database again to be able to log with this toon...
    It is painful, this game have too much bugs...

Does anybody got the same problem ?
    Post edited by fced on
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options
    phaeliusphaelius Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is happening for me as well. Crashes after entering the first portal, generally while Burnham is delivering dialogue. I hope they get this fixed as I've never played through these missions before, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    And today, i have the same problem with Delta quadrant mission : What left behind, with another character.
    Eash time i enter the Elashi subspace Station, the game crash, and i can't even re-log to my TOS character...

I created a ticket, but there is few hope, Cryptic are known to create new paid content relatively quickly (ships, etc) but not really quick to fix their bugs...
  • Options
    They need to dedicate an entire update to not releasing new content but fixing all of the bugs. Measure of Morality Part 1, Temporal Ambassador, every bug in one fell swoop. If they added in a bug report system to the consoles, they'd already know this without having to look at the forums.
  • Options
    imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Some of the bugs have been around too long they cant be fixed at this point....another shining example of how the devs dont care...
  • Options
    maddmaxx1967maddmaxx1967 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    After the update same problem for me, crashing when I enter portal after talking with npc Lincoln. Measure of Morality part 1.
  • Options
    Dunno, I managed to get them to care about fixing that blasted door on New Rom, the Warehouse one. Told them to fix the door and remove the Tier 1 Reputation restriction. Two birds, one stone.
  • Options
    That doesnt work anymore sadly...its to the point this mmo is being called FO76 2.0...if you get the drift...
  • Options
    I checked out Warehouse, still works thankfully.
  • Options
    With every new maintenance they do, more issues arise....makes you wonder if they are straight up lazy or just completely out of their depth....
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Warehouse Romulan mission is working, i didn't got problems the last time i played it (2 weeks before the patch which broke the 2 other missions)
  • Options
    It would be nice if they just fixed every bug that got reported but that's not happening apparently.
  • Options
    Why would they do this ? we continue to buy zen to buy ships...
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    With every new maintenance they do, more issues arise....makes you wonder if they are straight up lazy or just completely out of their depth....
    I tend to go with the latter interpretation; they certainly try to make things work, and fix what they can.

^But they really could use an experienced coder, who's primary job is to fix bugs first, then help with new content later (which they do well enough already, I believe)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    trek21 wrote: »
    I tend to go with the latter interpretation; they certainly try to make things work, and fix what they can.

^But they really could use an experienced coder, who's primary job is to fix bugs first, then help with new content later (which they do well enough already, I believe)

I get that but far too many here defend the inability of the devs to put out a working product and until we say enough is enough, things wont ever change...those that defend these hacks, are enablers...
  • Options
    I get that but far too many here defend the inability of the devs to put out a working product and until we say enough is enough, things wont ever change...those that defend these hacks, are enablers...
    Personally, STO is still a working product, even if it's got quite a few issues; it'd have to be generally unplayable period before I'd go that far. And calling them hacks is a bit much imo, though I don't disagree with the spirit that you're going for, by any means.

^When it comes to bug-fixing, STO's record has never been spotless. I accepted that long ago, even though I never stop hoping that it'll get better - but I simply accept that at present, that's not only how it is, but is unlikely to change. Yet that's just me, obviously; feel free to push that 'enough is enough'.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    Personally, STO is still a working product, even if it's got quite a few issues; it'd have to be generally unplayable period before I'd go that far. And calling them hacks is a bit much imo, though I don't disagree with the spirit that you're going for, by any means.

^When it comes to bug-fixing, STO's record has never been spotless. I accepted that long ago, even though I never stop hoping that it'll get better - but I simply accept that at present, that's not only how it is, but is unlikely to change. Yet that's just me, obviously; feel free to push that 'enough is enough'.

Trust me, I get what youre saying but too many sugar coat things here and as players we need to be brutally honest since they choose to not communicate with us, the players, which I feel is bs but thats just me...

Craptics record doesnt really exist because one issue has snowballed into an avalanche of issues...They had every opportunity to fix these and they chose to ignore them...that shows a high level of unprofessionalism and lack of understanding....Ive run 2 businesses and id of been OUT of business if i did half of whats going on here...
  • Options
    They had every opportunity to fix these and they chose to ignore them...that shows a high level of unprofessionalism and lack of understanding....Ive run 2 businesses and id of been OUT of business if i did half of whats going on here...
    Assuming that they have ignored them, instead of tried to fix them but didn't know how; we don't know which it is, not for certain.

^And while I emphasize with your frustration, it's an unfortunate reality that not all business practices are the same level/quality :/ But even if the quality of service isn't the best, imo it doesn't disregard the fact that the staff are legitimately trying in general (as far as I can see anyway); pointing out the bad is perfectly fine - and you can do so as you have, by all means - but you can't completely ignore the good either. Or at least, that's how I personally choose to approach such matters, because purely being on one side is less help overall than the balanced approach.

Though at this point, I think I'll leave it at that, since we do have a difference of opinions.
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    They had every opportunity to fix these and they chose to ignore them...that shows a high level of unprofessionalism and lack of understanding....Ive run 2 businesses and id of been OUT of business if i did half of whats going on here...
    Assuming that they have ignored them, instead of tried to fix them but didn't know how; we don't know which it is, not for certain.

^And while I emphasize with your frustration, it's an unfortunate reality that not all business practices are the same level/quality :/ But even if the quality of service isn't the best, imo it doesn't disregard the fact that the staff are legitimately trying in general (as far as I can see anyway); pointing out the bad is perfectly fine - and you can do so as you have, by all means - but you can't completely ignore the good either. Or at least, that's how I personally choose to approach such matters, because purely being on one side is less help overall than the balanced approach.

Though at this point, I think I'll leave it at that, since we do have a difference of opinions.

LOL....I struggle everyday to find the "good" as you say...If it isnt the game nerfing the 666 levels of hell, its dealing with problem children, like Surak, that they refuse to remove for harrasive and discriminatory behavior....Or the dishonest M.A.C.O. fleet that tried to charge people real money to be in the fleet and got caught...All this tends to add up and outweigh the "good"...

But please feel free to air your dissenting views...its good for the forum and others to see both sides...nothing is taken personally here on my end....lol..
  • Options
    scrof#7781 scrof Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Same issue with it crashing my PS4 here as well.
  • Options
    Still got the bug along with the one involving the Enterprise-C, I did play the upcoming episode on the PC version it's got a few twists, no spoilers.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Still got the bug along with the one involving the Enterprise-C, I did play the upcoming episode on the PC version it's got a few twists, no spoilers.

What character and faction do you have the bug involving the Enterprise-C? Have you dropped the mission and then picked it up again? Will be glad for your sakes when the mission Measure of Morality Part 1 is fixed for consoles.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    drayne#8492 drayne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @imatimelord#6399 said:
    > Some of the bugs have been around too long they cant be fixed at this point....another shining example of how the devs dont care...

They can be fixed but yes some are so old that it would now require a massive tear down and rebuild of the game. I personally wouldn't mind if they had to shut the game down awhile to fix it. But I highly doubt we'll see the day of a bug free STO.