test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy Wide Red Alert Jan 12

dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11482783

The entire Galaxy is going to Red Alert! Tomorrow, we’re launching a two week version of the Galactic Red Alert, with an additional reward: an Experimental Ship Upgrade Token! From 1/12 @ 8am PT (17:00 CET) – 1/26 @ 10am PT (19:00 CET), all of our Red Alert events will be returning at once on all platforms, as the Final Frontier is caught in a massive invasion on all sides. During this event, you’ll be able to play the following content:

Borg Red Alert
Elachi Red Alert
Tholian Red Alert
Tzenkethi Red Alert*
Nakuhl Red Alert

*Please note: As the only Red Alert with a fail condition, the Tzenkethi Red Alert will not grant daily bonus progress if you fail the TFO. The fail condition will likely be removed in future runs of this event.

In addition to their usual rewards, these Task Force Operations will also grant daily bonus progress. You’ll receive one Daily Progress each day for completing one Red Alert – doesn’t matter which one – on any character on your account. After you receive ten daily progress, you’ll be rewarded with a package containing the following, once per account:

An Ultimate Tech Upgrade
A Specialization Point
An Experimental Ship Upgrade Token

You can also purchase this Grand Prize on the events page, if you’d prefer. The price will be prorated as you earn Daily Progress, becoming cheaper the more you play.

If you earn, or purchase, the event’s Grand Prize, you can still complete Red Alerts to earn Bonus Progress. Completing a Red Alert TFO each day will grant a bonus amount of Dilithium Ore, beginning at 8,000 and increasing by 1,000 for each completion thereafter.

Red Alert Task Force Operations are available to Captains of level 50 or higher. Head out and defend the Galaxy, Captains! Go to Red Alert!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Nice additional reward with the X-Upgrade ship token along with the usual Ultimate Tech Upgrade & the Specialization Point(s).

Well done, Cryptic!

I'm guessing if the event is operating for 2 weeks we'll need 10 participations completed.

I'll confess I usually only do the Borg & Tholian TFOs.

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I will do this for the ship upgrade token.

The blog quoted above states you need ten progress
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I'll confess when I saw the Experimental Ship Upgrade Token listed my first thought was that it will probably be pulled with a "Sorry that wasn't supposed to be in there."
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    This one should please most - I mean, the Tholian Alert only lasts about 50 seconds on average. Pretty generous reward for doing next to nothing for two weeks.

This is perhaps the most obvious display of power creep in the game. The Tholian alert was sometimes a bit tricky if you waded in the middle of it. Now you just go up to the two capital ships, annihilate them, and mop up the stragglers.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    This one should please most - I mean, the Tholian Alert only lasts about 50 seconds on average. Pretty generous reward for doing next to nothing for two weeks.

I don't think that really matters since from what I have seen and heard players tend to do multiple RA runs per day when they are available anyway, so while only the first one counts for daily progress the players probably spend at least as long doing them in a day as they would for any of the other events they give that kind of stuff as prizes for.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Does this mean they are finally bringing T6X to consoles? I hope we will still get another free promotional T6X token like was given out on PC.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    After you receive ten daily progress, you’ll be rewarded with a package containing the following, once per account:

An Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    A Specialization Point
    An Experimental Ship Upgrade Token
    Three items. Very nice and quite generous :smile:
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    I will do this for the ship upgrade token.

The blog quoted above states you need ten progress

"After you receive ten daily progress," I completely missed that part during my initial reading. I think the 2nd time I had cleaned my glasses.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Very generous reward for so little effort..

I was on a break from STO, but I think I can spare 1 min a day to do this. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Very nice.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Very generous reward for so little effort..

I was on a break from STO, but I think I can spare 1 min a day to do this. :lol:

It will probably take you longer to load STO then it will to finish the Red Alert.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Does this mean they are finally bringing T6X to consoles? I hope we will still get another free promotional T6X token like was given out on PC.

curious as to the thinking process in this? not saying you dont deserve it, but there are also things consoles got we on PC didnt get.

As far as I am aware, the only thing that console has that PC doesn't is Molar's Sword. Console is at least 3 months behind PC at this point, and it is progressively getting worse.

My original comment is moot now anyways because they changed the wording in the blog post, replacing "on all platforms" with "on PC".
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ok so 5 mins per account on borg RA for the next 2 weeks or so.
  • Options
    murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I liked the return of these events as I mentioned on my post
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1259259/wishes-for-the-new-year/p1

Regardless of rewards, I miss also that big red alert button on bottom right corner of the screen.
    IInLzhi.gif
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    I liked the return of these events as I mentioned on my post
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1259259/wishes-for-the-new-year/p1

Regardless of rewards, I miss also that big red alert button on bottom right corner of the screen.

I defiantly don't miss the button, I have more than enough UI clutter, but I do miss having the RAs available all the time.
  • Options
    tbwsto#8925 tbwsto Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I am not receiving the bonus dilithium for doing the mission each day. Bought it out day one, just so I could build up my dilithium reserves on other characters for the next two weeks. However I'm only receiving the 8,000 a day. Is this a common issue? Should I put in a ticket?
    9E5JBSh.png
    Trust Ivonova, trust yourself, everybody else- shoot 'em
  • Options
    I am not receiving the bonus dilithium for doing the mission each day. Bought it out day one, just so I could build up my dilithium reserves on other characters for the next two weeks. However I'm only receiving the 8,000 a day. Is this a common issue? Should I put in a ticket?

I thought 8k dilithium was the starting amount after completion then it builds up to 25k dilithium to then repeat any times you complete it? At least that was the last event, usually if I place my mouse-pointer over rewards it will detail the dilithium payout table.

If I'm correct then YIKES you are getting hosed on the dilithium amounts if just 8k each time.
This discussion has been closed.