test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Characters fail to load on character loading screen.

2»

Comments

• christ4uchrist4u Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hey guys, what the heck is going on with this excessive and "NO" loading at all? Seems I caught this bad bug as well. Any advice for a hardcore STO player with the load issue?
  • geno4373geno4373 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have two accounts - my "main" account with 8 characters - it works just fine. My other account has this bug. Sometimes the characters switch around and I can get a different characters logged in...then the rest are locked out. Please fix this bug. It is past annoying.
  • aespensh#7649 aespensh Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2020
    I'm also still having this issue at 7pm of 12/14/20
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1259085/pc-patch-notes-for-12-15-20#latest

Updated Memorial plaque to include Thomas Lister, Jr.
    Resolved an issue that was causing characters to not load in properly.
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause the client to crash when patching.
    Added unlocks for Winter ornament 2020 to Fleet Starbases (Fed & Kdf).
    Updated holiday selection console to recognize new ornament project and allow hide/unhide.
    The Phase Shift universal console has been updated to be equippable on any Fek'Ihri Starship
    Captains will no longer see fleet recruitment messages written by an account on their ignore list.
  • khaless2khaless2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    well the one acct past a certain point cant load anyone past a certain spot even with badges showing on the side but the other acct the ones without the badges cant load and i've tried both steam and arc clients to do it both the same
  • smash#7796 smash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    this issue has not been fixed for me, my characters still will not load

the only character I can currently play is the captain who happened to be at the top of my roster when the bug started

the recent patch definitely did not address the issue for me, and my badges still aren't showing up
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    smash#7796 wrote: »
    this issue has not been fixed for me, my characters still will not load

the only character I can currently play is the captain who happened to be at the top of my roster when the bug started

the recent patch definitely did not address the issue for me, and my badges still aren't showing up

The recent patch was postponed to tomorrow 12/16/20.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    After today's patch for me, the toons are back in play (sung to the melody of "The Boys Are Back In Town")
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • neverpatriot#3122 neverpatriot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    For me issue still persists. First I tried already fresh installed steam version, no luck. Then went back to my cousin, was able to play there, so I copied entire folder and brought back home to me just to be disappointed. Here's what debug.log says:

[1216/234859:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: LauncherAPI is not defined," source: about:blank(1)
    [1216/234859:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(2083)] Corrupt Index file
    [1216/234859:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(43)] Unable to move the cache: 0
    [1216/234859:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Backups\StartrekOnline\Cryptic Studios\cef_cache to C:\Backups\StartrekOnline\Cryptic Studios\old_cef_cache_000
    [1216/234859:ERROR:backend_impl.cc(221)] Unable to create cache
    [1216/234917:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Select shard: 0," source: http://launcher.startrekonline.com/static/all/js/api.js(160)

My system specs:
    Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz
    Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Hard Drive: Samsung 1tb
    Memory 4g+4G DDR3 1333
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 Brazilian Portuguese

A brief description on the issue, is: I see Cryptic Logo load twice, when House Shattered Logo appears, doesn't seem to have any hard drive activity, and the screen keeps there until I receive a crash error. While on House Shattered screen I'm able to move mouse normally. Looking on the errors above, I cleaned the folder "cef_cache" then debug.log only shows me first and last error