test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 11/24/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited December 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 11/24 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here. No notes for Console, just a routine maintenance.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you want this Ship with your free T6 Ship Tokens get it before Maintenance tomorrow.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    So, what do we have to do to get the experimental weapon on the Titan? Mine didn't have one on it when I opened it...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    So, what do we have to do to get the experimental weapon on the Titan? Mine didn't have one on it when I opened it...

If I remember correctly you can reclaim the generic experimental weapon as much as you want from either the Dilithium Store Tab or the Event Reclaim Tab, it was 1 of those.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Dilithium Reclaim Store. Zero cost.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ok i will say this right now if sto is suppose to be a F2P then why the hell are you still making people pay 2 win or to get the better stuff while those of us who dont have the funds to blow in the z store get screwed out of the lock boxes and T6 ships?

Don't get me wrong, I think Cryptic makes some questionable moves, even unethetical at times, but your whole "making people pay 2 win," is just false.

STO can be played, & enjoyed imo, completely free of ever investing real-world money into it or that probable enjoyment can be enhanced by a few well placed purchases from time to time including purchasing a better ship, etc.

I despise how Cryptic handles their online gambling but I've never been forced into participating.

Lastly, this is to discuss patch these notes: memorial update & the new Titan ship issues in particular.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Would be amusing if they would put in something worth those epic tokens being used for being how rare they drop. That being said most people who end up getting them have every single or close to every single one of those ships already unlocked so it just ends up being a tier of the vendor that has absolutely nothing in it.

Although with PWE making the ultimate decisions they don't ever seem to ever want to concede the fact that they need to revamp the process in which they sell things. The game economy did fairly well in the past up until the point where they got greedy and decided on the basis of ship traits that they were going to sell each ship three times per faction. So the actual problem is where they created the dilithium economy but when they did this with the ships they broke the aspect of supply and demand to the point that their customers the players start valuing dilithium to the point that it was no longer feasible to donate it to the fleet projects and sinks that are in this game. So until they go and fix this problem that breaks their very system and the way it is supposed to work they will just end up running these events with nothing anyone really wants and eventually even that will fizzle out and they will just end up ceasing development over a problem that can be easily solved if they were willing to do anything reasonable about it.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    No fix for traits being unslotted! If PWE thinks I am going to spend the time to slot traits every time I login, they are mistaken! I just won't bother logging in.
    There is this request of a kit module tab it would greatly be appreciated being how many I keep in the inventory of all of my characters that workaround bugs and glitches. So yeah if you stretch your inventory wide where its 3 rows 2.75 of those rows are filled with kit modules. Bugs and glitches that will never be fixed in ground stuff that I need those so there either needs to be a lot of fixing or a lot more inventory space coming(to whatever it happens to be but I am not buying more inventory space for 25+ characters).
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    What about players who bought it for their KDF, can we hope to see a fleet variant in the KDF shipyard? I get it, it was an accidental release, but why not make the fleet variant available too considering all the funding gone into building KDF shipyards. Experimental token used on the fleet variant similarly will remain inaccessible on KDF side as it applies account-wide depending on fleet or non-fleet ship type.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    What about players who bought it for their KDF, can we hope to see a fleet variant in the KDF shipyard? I get it, it was an accidental release, but why not make the fleet variant available too considering all the funding gone into building KDF shipyards. Experimental token used on the fleet variant similarly will remain inaccessible on KDF side as it applies account-wide depending on fleet or non-fleet ship type.

Well in reality what they will do is count that ship for the KDF ship for years 2 and 3 of the years of the Klingon and if anymore come out yer looking at 5 years until the next KDF ship comes out.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Glad I grabbed my Titans over the weekend. I'm using VotP for its experimental weapon.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    A gentle reminder that some brushing up of the infinity lockbox is past due for a while now.

- No more randomization of infinity prize packs. Was endurable when only a handful of choices were in the prize packs but with for example over FORTY universal kit modules it has grown to a big frak you.
    - Consolidation of duty officers, duty officer assignments and the various kit frames into their own infinity prize choice packs.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Oh well, now that the patch is here, I'll have to wait until Titan's old. How long does that usually take?

Btw, it's strange that this webpage is considered unsecure by my security program.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I grabbed my free Titan with the coupon, anything to slap PWE/Cryptic in it's avaristic face!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    I grabbed my free Titan with the coupon, anything to slap PWE/Cryptic in it's avaristic face!

Me too. one of the ONLY times I APPLAUD their poor QA procedures. :)

(And I'm talking procedures NOT Testers as I'm sure those Testers work their asses off; and follow the testing protocols and procedures they are given. Poor QA procedures is a major upper Management issue <--- That's where the QA problems lie.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rogueassassinxrogueassassinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Is this some sort of joke? You STILL HAVEN'T FIXED KOBALI PRIME? But yeah, you gotta make sure you "fix" something that you just released! Can't have people getting something for "free" that you didn't mean for them to get for "free!" But actual game-breaking bugs? Nah, who cares about them.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    They haven't fixed the bug with the daily free Phoenix Box reward during those times. When you claim your first, you get no timer for the countdown and it just says, Come back tomorrow. It has been more than 20 hours since I claimed my first and I had this issue the last time there was a daily Phoenix Box giveaway.
This discussion has been closed.