test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Small suggestion

dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
So just a small suggestion, what are the chances of all the missions from the tutorial levels onwards being replayable. Even if its without rewards its just I personally like the RPG element and its hard to immerse yourself into the story if parts of it are not available. Surely I'm not the only one right?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I don't really see a point in replaying stuff like 'the galaxy at large'. Even if it's for "RPing", it's literally just talking to an NPC and klicking 'complete'. You can "RP" going to spacedock and standing in Quinn's office without the mission-marker, you know.
  • dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Ye but then you have actual missions that are not replay able. the tutorial missions have a lot of story especially for the Klingons and Romulans. Then you've got the first 3 missions in the Klingon arc, 2 or 3 in the Romulan arc its just the Federation who can replay everything
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    AoY agents have it even worse, most of their keypoint missions, like the Spectres arc, are gone so they cannot even play them the first time. And yes, I know Spectres itself is in the (not)Available tab but locking a mid-level mission that functioned so well as a touchstone for the TOS fans' characters behind a buggy level 65 endgame-only wall is almost exactly the same as removing it entirely, especially since new players would have no idea that it is even there.
    I just don't see why all missions cant be replay able it does not make sense to me
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Every mission except for the tutorials and early TOS missions are already replayable, regardless of faction. Edit: You also can't replay anymore foundry missions, I wasn't sure if you knew about the foundry being cut from the game.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Every mission except for the tutorials and early TOS missions are already replayable, regardless of faction. Edit: You also can't replay anymore foundry missions, I wasn't sure if you knew about the foundry being cut from the game.

Actually that's not true. Most of the "introduction to a new area" type missions are also not replayable. (Often these are the first episode of older arcs.)

The vast majority of the non-replayable missions (outside of the tutorials) are these actually, and they have no item rewards and rather small XP rewards... and just require going to a certain map and, in most cases, speaking to an NPC. Allowing them to be replayable would essentially turn them into XP farms.

Not necessarily, because just as replaying a mission awards less XP than when you play it for the first time, allowing these particular ones to be replayed can mean receiving no XP.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Well if there are so few proper missions that are not replay able then surely it cant be that hard to make them so
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @westmetals said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Actually that's not true. Most of the "introduction to a new area" type missions are also not replayable. (Often these are the first episode of older arcs.)
    >
    > The vast majority of the non-replayable missions (outside of the tutorials) are these actually, and they have no item rewards and rather small XP rewards... and just require going to a certain map and, in most cases, speaking to an NPC. Allowing them to be replayable would essentially turn them into XP farms.

Or they could do what they did with 'Our Chance for Peace' at the end of Act III on Kobali Prime. Award less than 20 XP. I do keep that Mission in the Log to provide the free Transwarp to Kobali Prime for Endeavors.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.