test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adding to Tailor is broken

reginald101reginald101 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Adding this to someone's post that the tailor is broken. I haven't tried it yet, but I think where the bug is, is the difference between the official Tailors and the new bridge officer tailor. I have yet to try it, but I think the the new bridge officer tailor will allow me to change the characters outfits where the regular tailor won't. If anyone is able to check that and make sure, great, if not, I understand. But this tailor situation needs to be fixed. Please fix the tailor so that it's will allow us to change the officers. Please fix the tailor so that it doesn't complain we're changing the species. Help us.
Tagged:

Comments

• roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I had to purchase with Lobi the Mirror Uniforms from the new pack, and they STILL don;t show up at the tailor. outright broken. I have a ticket in and am waiting for a response, because right now I am rather p'ed off. spent money for the pack, and still ha dto pay for uniforms that should be free?!
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    roman1229 wrote: »
    I had to purchase with Lobi the Mirror Uniforms from the new pack, and they STILL don;t show up at the tailor. outright broken. I have a ticket in and am waiting for a response, because right now I am rather p'ed off. spent money for the pack, and still ha dto pay for uniforms that should be free?!

I also didn't find them right away. As "category" you have to choose "Uniform - Bare Chest".
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    roman1229 wrote: »

No, you didn't have to pay for the uniforms. You foolishly chose to buy them with Lobi rather than wait to see if there was a problem and for it to be fixed. Now that someone posted that they are there, yes, I to would be po'ed alright, at myself for buying the same thing twice because I was impatient and needed immediate gratification.
  • reginald101reginald101 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Why can I not thumbs up these comments. I just found out I was wrong. Can't fix them the way I mentioned. Some of my characters are still screwed up.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Why can I not thumbs up these comments. I just found out I was wrong. Can't fix them the way I mentioned. Some of my characters are still screwed up.

We did once. However it was a disaster as it led to systematic bullying. People ganging up on others to purposely thumb down certain posts. The scheme was abandoned. Hopefully NEVER to return.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13619201
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I haven't tried it yet, but I think where the bug is, is the difference between the official Tailors and the new bridge officer tailor.

A new bridge officer tailor? Did I miss something? Were can I find him?

~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • seamusx447seamusx447 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I too am having the bug when I just try to change BOFF uniforms, for Zarva, T'Vrell, Kolez & another Saurian. Gives me the "you cannot change the species of this character" message. Works for my human BOFFs & my one Klingon BOFF.
    =/\=
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    seamusx447 wrote: »
    I too am having the bug when I just try to change BOFF uniforms, for Zarva, T'Vrell, Kolez & another Saurian. Gives me the "you cannot change the species of this character" message. Works for my human BOFFs & my one Klingon BOFF.

Putting them in your away team seems to be a work around.

Put them in your away team then log out using the change character option. Log back in, check to see they are in the character login screen proceed to tailor and that should work.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I think where the bug is, is the difference between the official Tailors and the new bridge officer tailor.

A new bridge officer tailor? Did I miss something? Were can I find him?

Basically when you modify a new bridge officer it's a different program than the tailor I thought, but I have a new theory.
    Adding this to someone's post that the tailor is broken. I haven't tried it yet, but I think where the bug is, is the difference between the official Tailors and the new bridge officer tailor. I have yet to try it, but I think the the new bridge officer tailor will allow me to change the characters outfits where the regular tailor won't. If anyone is able to check that and make sure, great, if not, I understand. But this tailor situation needs to be fixed. Please fix the tailor so that it's will allow us to change the officers. Please fix the tailor so that it doesn't complain we're changing the species. Help us.

To whom may be reading this, I just checked with my characters and it seems from the 13th character down, I can't do anything. But I have a few holograms so it may be the 7th one down that can't change. I hope that helps you to see where to look.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I have noticed that if I try to customize a human female that's bugged it will apply those changes to Elisa Flores. My current theory is that when trying to customize a boff that's bugged the game thinks your trying to edit Elisa (or whichever boff is in that 1st spot) and thats why we get the "can't change characters species" message. Putting the boff you want to edit and changing characters still works for now.
    mez83 wrote: »
    I have noticed that if I try to customize a human female that's bugged it will apply those changes to Elisa Flores. My current theory is that when trying to customize a boff that's bugged the game thinks your trying to edit Elisa (or whichever boff is in that 1st spot) and thats why we get the "can't change characters species" message. Putting the boff you want to edit and changing characters still works for now.

I hope someone gets this fixed soon.
    eazzie wrote: »
    seamusx447 wrote: »

Putting them in your away team seems to be a work around.

Put them in your away team then log out using the change character option. Log back in, check to see they are in the character login screen proceed to tailor and that should work.

I COULD KISS YOU! IT WORKED! YOUR WORKAROUND WORKED!!!!