test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it me or is the buyout for this event higher than the others?

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
I'm half way, and I'm sooooo SICK of both the tfo and the episode I thought I'd buy it out.. but $30? yeah I may just say to TRIBBLE with it and just not complete it
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    The last few events had buyouts of 6000 zen depending on doneness. I do remember events being 3000 zen at most, so maybe they covertly increased the price of buyouts to either get more money, discourage buyouts and encourage more participation, or both idk.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree. A longer event would mean a higher price. I expect the seasonals to be more expensive as well due to them being about as long as this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I thought the seasonal events had a Lobi buyout rather than Zen.
  • Options
    livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The red Angel suit also has a buyout of 6000 zen, as did the alliance cruiser event
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I recommend doing the episode because every time you get to a time gated part you can literally go AFK and browse the web for about 5 mins while your boffs kill the NPCs. You can do it in the "bar fight" on the first map, at the 2 "computer hacking" places on the 2nd ground map, and for the entire space battle of the last map.

Another "plus" of doing the episode is you can play it in parts instead of all at once. And you can "save up" progress for the next day. For example, if you just completed your daily and have the 24 hour counter running you can still go ahead and play everything up to the last space battle and just wait until the next day to finish the mission; then have your next day's credit very quickly!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I recommend doing the episode because every time you get to a time gated part you can literally go AFK and browse the web for about 5 mins while your boffs kill the NPCs. You can do it in the "bar fight" on the first map, at the 2 "computer hacking" places on the 2nd ground map, and for the entire space battle of the last map.

Another "plus" of doing the episode is you can play it in parts instead of all at once. And you can "save up" progress for the next day. For example, if you just completed your daily and have the 24 hour counter running you can still go ahead and play everything up to the last space battle and just wait until the next day to finish the mission; then have your next day's credit very quickly!

Nice suggestion for minimal effort maximum reward for completing it!
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Engineer with full drones setup - one of them the protomatter healer drone, rest of aggressive nature. You do it relaxed just walking around showing the way, drones and away team boffs do the rest - you dont even have to attack yourself
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So 14 = 3,000. 20 = 6,000. When I went to school 6,000 = 2 x 3,000.
    So, ipso facto 14 x 2 = 28.

Twenty shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be twenty. Fourteen shalt thou not count, neither count thou nineteen, excepting that thou then proceed to twenty. Twenty-eight is right out. Once the number twenty, being the twentieth number, be reached, thou shalt be done.

Ships are 20 day Events, equipment should be 14. The old partial Buyout for TFO Events gave you 10 Featured TFO Tokens giving 71% to completion for 1,000 Zen (800 for first Weekend) and you got a Ultimate Tech Upgrade to boot. Tell me again, how this is better?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Eh... I'm actually running the TFO on my KDF. Making some decent ECs off what my Elite Slavers bring back. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.