test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Delta Recruits are Stuck in the Tutorial. Any suggestions?

cousteau1701ecousteau1701e Member Posts: 19 Arc User
I know this isn't a new issue, but I can't find any solutions to it. So, I figured I will explain my specific experience and see if anyone can help. I have two alts that I created during the first Delta Recruiting event. One Fed and one KDF. I made it passed the part where I collect the communications receiver and then stopped. After some time I had returned to them hoping to begin progressing them. I am very aware that they were in the remaining portion of the tutorial for a long time. When I logged in to them, I discovered the mission progress seems to be reset and I am stuck in the tutorial. The mission progress tracker says "[Tutorial]: Welcome to Star Trek Online!". The environments continue to reflect game updates and I can interact with the contacts to continue progressing however, none of those interactions update the tutorial's progress. Has anyone encountered this version of being stuck in the tutorial? Did any one find a solution or get any help with this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Answers

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I have this issue too. Mine is a KDF Delta recruit I had made last time Cryptic re-ran the Delta recruit event. I got the little Delta device then didn't try to begin leveling it till recently. The toon is KDF but seems to be stuck in a holodeck, it even looks like a Fed holodeck lol & I cannot escape it. I don't want to delete it till (IF) Cryptic re-runs that Delta recruit event again.
  • Options
    lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I'm a bit buffled that your question is already marked as answered... however, let me provide the answer you're looking for:
    I had the exact same issue, when I created a Klingon Delta Recruit, during the original Delta Recruitment Event.
    Like you, I played the tutorial just to the point, where you get that Communications Receiver device, to get this character officially labled a Delta Recruit. Then I stopped right there, to continue playing that character at a later date. When I finally tried to do that, after the event was already over, I found myself stuck in that corridor in front of the holodeck. I couldn't even leave that corridor. I was completely, irrevocable stuck.
    I filed a ticket, but didn't got any response. I asked for help in the forum, like you did, but neither did I got any response there.
    After a few month I tried it again, submitted another ticket, asked for help... nothing.
    I finally had filed 3 or 4 tickets on that matter and never even got a simple "Sorry we can't help you" from Cryptic...
    I also didn't want to delete the character, since he already received a few nice givaways, like Captain Specialization points and inventory extensions.
    Honestly, I didn't really expect the Delta Event to ever recur, but to my surprise, it did!
    But all my hopes, to somehow save that character from this digital purgatory, where crushed when I found him STILL stuck in that gawd awfull corridor!
    I realized that the only thing I could do, was to delete that character and start a new one.
    So waiting for another Delta Event is completely futile. The only thing the two of you could do at this point, is delete those characters and create new ones, in case that event will ever return.
    Sorry folks... :(
    Post edited by lemminger83 on
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Try joining a fleet, warping to their starbase and using the transwarp gateway to warp somewhere. Or get a invite to someones colony world and try beaming up.