test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO and 4k Readability

sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
This game is virtually unplayable when you run it on a 4k diplay on PC. The icons are so small that you can hardly click on the icons, the mouse is so small that I have multiple times lost where my mouse is even when it is right on my screen. The text for chats, missions, and pop up messages is so small that it is virtually unreadable. For an example here is a youtube video to show what I am talking about here, https://youtu.be/5xblercnFgE.

I have brought this issue up with some of the various developers who have been out at the STLV conventions and even showed them this issue. One person suggested that I take a look at seeing if the issue is showing up in one of the other games from PWE, which the issue is not.

To explain a couple things, this issue is seen only when you have the display set to Windowed Full Screen. There isn't any options that I have yet to see where I can adjust the size of things to make things easier to read or see. A lot of other games has a modification that can made specifically for 4K screens in order to adjust things like the text, mouse and game icons while not taking away from the visual effects that the game is able to handle.

If I set the display to Fullscreen and turn down the resolution to something smaller it then becomes readable and playable, however it locks the mouse into the game itself. Where I like to do streams or multitask that means I have to Alt Tab just to be swap around between game and applications. A simple task, however not the most convenient.

What I'd like to see is an option where you can keep the games visuals, however the HUD, mouse and text is adjusted accordingly so that you don't require a magnifying lens just to read the contents on the screen.

Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k

Comments

• freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Basic Options -> Interface Scale Slider at the bottom.