test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk Advanced Phaser Weapons

Or, rather, why aren't ppl talking about them?! They got (stealth-) nerfed extremely badly. From stacking up to max 6 times, to now only 1 time. Nobody seems to care, though. Except me, who bought and upgraded 2 sets of 7 of them (for my 2 major toons).

It's the old 'bait & switch' again, it seems. At first I thought it was a bug; had to be, right?! But no, they appear on no buglist. So, can the responsible dev tell us when they're going to get fixed? Or at least have the guts to admit they nerfed them?

N.B. And please don't give me the old "I can do everything in a T1 Miranda with all white gear." mantra. Not relevant: spending pecunia on 'bait & switch' items, however, is. These are not just drop weapons, but come from a promo ship (or Legendary bundle).
ChCDpuh.jpg
«1

Comments

  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    My guess is it is the same problem with the advanced disruptors that the MW D7 Flight Deck equivalent got. The most likely is people who upgraded it havent even noticed or still wondering why they had a dps drop and havent tracked it to the weapons amount
    Post edited by lordmerc22 on
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,210 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Sea told me. :/

    I use em on one of my chars that I basically build around them. Hell I even placed the decision which toon of mine to give this expensive ship to on them.

    I suppose the reason why we don’t have much talk on the issue is as sad as it is simple.

    Not many performance minded players are around to do so.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Bring it on
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    wishful thinking is not really a reliable source
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I argued about it the first time they did it. When they increased crit damage. No one seemed to care and all the post were removed by the forum police. When they lowered it to six stacks. Same thing. now that they removed the stacks to 1, its the same thing.

    The only reason I purchased this ship when it was released was the advanced phasers. I argued the bait and switch back then but nothing came of it. They hid behind the fact they can change it at anytime they want to. They will do the same here as well.

    So I simply stopped purchasing anything in the game. I went from being a reliable whale for years to a free to pay almost over night.

    You can buy a High end muscle car just to have it replaced with a scooter overnight. Be it traits, ships, weapons, or pets. They can nerf them when they want how they want. And it makes no sense since there is absolutely no competition between players. It's all PVE...
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So who knows where this will go. I won't say don't buy stuff like me. I am saying be aware that this is not abnormal and can happen at anytime to any of the ships but mainly seems to happen to high end high dollar purchases or popular items.

    Makes you wonder if they nerfed it due to the inclusion of the ship in the legendary pack making it more widely available.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,368 Arc User
    lasonio wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they nerfed it due to the inclusion of the ship in the legendary pack making it more widely available.

    Yeah, thats a good point actually.

    Eitherway - a painfully disappointing move. Not entirely unexpected, but disappointing.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,750 Arc User
    I have to assume this is a bug.. it's not like these beams were drastically over performing.

    There is simply no reason for them to perform this change intentionally. Given the fact that the latest release was basically just a giant pack of bugs, I have to assume this is one of them.

    It would be great if Cryptic would let us know one way or another but we all know the chances of that.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    Well that's stupid. I never got around to using these much. I found them too noisy, and they are very obviously blue so they stand out against most any other phaser type, but I was plenty happy to recommend them to people as a good weapon choice if they have it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,367 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    lasonio wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they nerfed it due to the inclusion of the ship in the legendary pack making it more widely available.

    Yeah, thats a good point actually.

    Eitherway - a painfully disappointing move. Not entirely unexpected, but disappointing.


    Good point... except I am the owner of a true MW Flight Deck Carrier as well (I have the Legendary pack too). And it's very rare for Cryptic to significantly touch (read: nerf) promo ship stuff. And then not even having the nerve to tell us about the nerf.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,367 Arc User
    I have to assume this is a bug.. it's not like these beams were drastically over performing.

    There is simply no reason for them to perform this change intentionally. Given the fact that the latest release was basically just a giant pack of bugs, I have to assume this is one of them.

    It would be great if Cryptic would let us know one way or another but we all know the chances of that.


    I really hope you're right, my good man. Let's face it, gaining access to the Advanced Weapons was a major perk of the Legendary pack, for many ppl. And I fully upgraded a good 14 of them, in total.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Biggest problem lately is hiding a lot game changes under the carpet instead placing them on patch notes. Sometimes they claim they forgot(skills invalid for example) but when there are too many coincedences they stop being coincedences
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,368 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    lasonio wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they nerfed it due to the inclusion of the ship in the legendary pack making it more widely available.

    Yeah, thats a good point actually.

    Eitherway - a painfully disappointing move. Not entirely unexpected, but disappointing.


    Good point... except I am the owner of a true MW Flight Deck Carrier as well (I have the Legendary pack too). And it's very rare for Cryptic to significantly touch (read: nerf) promo ship stuff. And then not even having the nerve to tell us about the nerf.

    Same - I won the box I used to obtain the MW Flight Deck Carrier on New Years Day 2019 and held onto it until the MW Flight Deck Carrier was released, as assumed that it would be a promo ship and didn't want to risk not being able to 'own' it.

    Own the Legendary bundle too.

    Don't misunderstand me here - this issue is VERY disappointing. But then, I'm the idiot who held on to the lost cause of a quality pass/T6 treatment for the Nova class, which means I'm fairly desensitised to disappointment from other avenues.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    The longer Cryptic stays silent makes me suspect that Cryptic intentionally "stealth nerfed" them instead & hopefully there's a scaling glitch currently affecting the Advanced Phasers/Disruptors.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,291 Arc User
    The longer Cryptic stays silent

    They will answer when asked about it on Friday, I assume.

    It's been maaaaaaany years since they actually answered on the forums.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    The longer Cryptic stays silent

    They will answer when asked about it on Friday, I assume.

    It's been maaaaaaany years since they actually answered on the forums.

    Friday stream is a QA lead. He has logically the role of testing the game, along with bug reports in order to replicate them and inform the development team - its not a QA decision for any nerf so I doubt you can get any answer on that on Friday
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,750 Arc User
    They aren't answering on Reddit either.. they seem to be 'radio silent' on this issue.

    Not a good look Cryptic, if it's a bug tell us it's a bug. If it's intentional it should have been in the patch notes.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Biggest problem lately is hiding a lot game changes under the carpet instead placing them on patch notes. Sometimes they claim they forgot(skills invalid for example) but when there are too many coincedences they stop being coincedences

    They still haven't put the skills invalid in any of the patch notes, so good luck with them mentioning the phasers.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 41,608 Arc User
    I'm still leaning towards it being a bug because someone mentioned that the Risian kits(Which have the same scaling mechanic) also were broken and only scaling once.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 54,828 Community Moderator
    westx211 wrote: »
    I'm still leaning towards it being a bug because someone mentioned that the Risian kits(Which have the same scaling mechanic) also were broken and only scaling once.

    It would make sense if something with a similar mechanic was not functioning as it should.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Wouldn't hold my breath about that getting "fixed" any time soon. Entwined Tactical Matrices has been broken a while now as well not stacking up charges. But I guess torpedo builds are too OP as it is :D . That whole bait and switch (if it is in this case) is getting old anyways. Ba'ul weapons for example aren't even remotely performing as advertised using the set bonus, that was another expensive lesson for me :( .
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    Wouldn't hold my breath about that getting "fixed" any time soon. Entwined Tactical Matrices has been broken a while now as well not stacking up charges. But I guess torpedo builds are too OP as it is :D . That whole bait and switch (if it is in this case) is getting old anyways. Ba'ul weapons for example aren't even remotely performing as advertised using the set bonus, that was another expensive lesson for me :( .

    There could be an easy interpretation, & possible trend, of Cryptic releasing something that sounds & performs nice & good then a few months later "nerfing" it. Who knows if it is intentional to drive-up initial sales or just a coincidence dealing with an assortment of in-game mechanics.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,750 Arc User
    Wouldn't hold my breath about that getting "fixed" any time soon. Entwined Tactical Matrices has been broken a while now as well not stacking up charges. But I guess torpedo builds are too OP as it is :D . That whole bait and switch (if it is in this case) is getting old anyways. Ba'ul weapons for example aren't even remotely performing as advertised using the set bonus, that was another expensive lesson for me :( .

    I was hoping this would be a different story since Entwined Tactical Matrices was broken out of the box. These actually worked and they were 'adjusted' (nerfed) once before and brought down to a level that Cryptic found to be.. acceptable. Still good, but not incredible, despite their steep cost. Now, they suddenly perform even worse.. they worked and now they don't which indicates that they were altered either accidentally or intentionally.

    I am wanting to believe it's a bug, but in typical Cryptic fashion they're ignoring any request for information. Nothing in patch notes, it's not a 'known issue,' and no one comments at all. I really wish we had a community manager that would actually respond to questions from the community. As it sits right now, we're all left to just guess and that's what starts things like this growing into 4 alarm fires. I would tag Kael, but I know there is no point.. it's pretty much just sit and wait and hope that at some point, Cryptic finds us worthy of giving us an answer.

    Until then.. we just guess as always.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I mean it is at Cryptic's sole discretion to alter their products without needing the permission of their customers. Things like this are kinda covered in the ToS, if people even read those anymore. They are allowed to release a product one way, and then upon further observation, if those products are not performing the way they want them to, they are allowed to change it without notice. I understand the frustration, but if this is not a bug and was done intentionally, you agreed to things like this when you signed up.

    Just stating the facts in an attempt to move away from my previous hostility.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,750 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I mean it is at Cryptic's sole discretion to alter their products without needing the permission of their customers. Things like this are kinda covered in the ToS, if people even read those anymore. They are allowed to release a product one way, and then upon further observation, if those products are not performing the way they want them to, they are allowed to change it without notice. I understand the frustration, but if this is not a bug and was done intentionally, you agreed to things like this when you signed up.

    Just stating the facts in an attempt to move away from my previous hostility.

    Sure, that's fair, and you're right.. they do have that right.

    I think what a lot of us would like though is some clarity. If this was done intentionally, do you think it's fair that people that might have invested actual money into these items are within reason to ask to be notified of the change? If it was done on purpose, it should have been in patch notes and relayed to the customer base.

    The first thing we're asking is just a confirmation of rather or not it was an intended change. If it was intentional, then the merits of that alteration would be another issue entirely. Right now, what most would really like is just an acknowledgement of this being intentional vs. being a bug. I still believe it was a bug, but the continued silence on this topic is what leads people down the 'tin foil hat' path for lack of a better term. :lol:
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,550 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I mean it is at Cryptic's sole discretion to alter their products without needing the permission of their customers. Things like this are kinda covered in the ToS, if people even read those anymore. They are allowed to release a product one way, and then upon further observation, if those products are not performing the way they want them to, they are allowed to change it without notice. I understand the frustration, but if this is not a bug and was done intentionally, you agreed to things like this when you signed up.

    Just stating the facts in an attempt to move away from my previous hostility.

    There is a huge difference though...

    IF it was an intentional nerf then the tooltips, etc, should (and probably would) have been changed to reflect the newly intended functionality. (This has been done before.)

    However there has been no change in the tooltips, and the current performance does not match the tooltips.

    This would seem to indicate that it is a bug rather than an intentional change.

    Unfortunately there are several similar issues that have come up since last week's major content patch and have been met with DEAD SILENCE. The skills respec, the scaling of these weapons, the scaling of the Risian kit frames, the disappearance of the "Well Travelled" and "Deprogrammed" traits.... etcetera.

    To be crystal clear - if any of those were an intentional change, then I'm fine with that (as to your point about the TOS... sometimes change is necessary), but this lack of communication NEEDS to be addressed. If these are intentional changes, that should be announced (and in applicable cases, the in game text corrected), and if they are bugs, that should be acknowledged.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,628 Arc User
    They released the MW FDC...then the Temporal FDC...now that most people who want one of the two ships own them they nerf them like typical, probably in time for the next phaser that they will release in the next gamble box.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,750 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    They released the MW FDC...then the Temporal FDC...now that most people who want one of the two ships own them they nerf them like typical, probably in time for the next phaser that they will release in the next gamble box.

    The first time they nerfed them they waited until the initial promo was done and as soon as the ships were no longer selling because they weren't available, they conveniently nerfed them at that time. They stated during the initial release that they were looking into the beams 'over performing,' but they said nothing for the next couple weeks and then nerfed them once the promo was over.

    While I still believe that this current issue is an unintended bug, that was timed a little to perfectly to just be coincidence.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,160 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    The longer Cryptic stays silent

    They will answer when asked about it on Friday, I assume.

    It's been maaaaaaany years since they actually answered on the forums.

    Friday stream is a QA lead. He has logically the role of testing the game, along with bug reports in order to replicate them and inform the development team - its not a QA decision for any nerf so I doubt you can get any answer on that on Friday

    Yeah...but QA won't know if this is a nerf. I suppose they may know if it is a bug...but that is just a MAY know. Honestly, this sort of thing is something the CM should be finding out and posting on the forum...but that assumes we actually have a CM at this point. We don't.

    yes they will. they get the ticket. they have to know what was done in order to make sure the change is working as intended. their ticket will say, item 3645 and maybe an annotation that it's advanced phaser beam. changed from 5 stacking procs to 1 stack. or some such. I did QA for the development side of the company i work for before i went into training
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
Sign In or Register to comment.