test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LATEST PROBLEMS IN STO - FRUST IN THE COMMUNITY/FLEET

zacharias69#1480 zacharias69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
As the community is probably aware, the last patch has resulted in several new gaming experiences - bugs is such a bad but apt word  The well-meant K5u/K6 upgrade and the new House Shattered episode led to various problems, server crashes and emergency patches. Currently we have been fobbed off from STO support because of the known DirectX problem with the fleet in member with the words that it is probably an outdated GraKa and you are sorry (is not the case).

Personally, I would like to encourage Cryptic to think about the members and to keep and generate paying customers in the form of Zen by creating new working content and less attention to offering new ships.

It's no good for Cryptic or for us players if neither the support takes care of the known bugs, nor if the gaming experience is limited to enjoying Rubberbanding, not even getting 2-3 reasonable, bug-free episodes within one year, but instead trying out new ships and traits in the always well known PVE missions, which long-serving players can play with closed eyes and which don't create a new long-term motivation.

For our fleet this unfortunately leads to resignations and game breaks for an indefinite period of time, which can be absorbed more and more badly despite own events and an actually working community.

My heartfelt appeal is - please provide us with a flawless game and please develop new content instead of ships by the meter

Many greetings

The fleet management of Into Darkness Germany

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    My heartfelt appeal is - please provide us with a flawless game and please develop new content instead of ships by the meter

The 'ships = content'-paradigm is indeed tiresome.

A flawless game however - very, very few games have been near-flawless ever. Bugs will always be a thing.

They fix bugs whenever they can, and the latest release was probably just rushed. This isn't unique to STO.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    We are getting more than just ships for content. Word is that we would have gotten 2 missions with this update, but the second got pushed back so we'll get 3 for the Anniversary.
    It takes time to make story missions. And ship artists aren't involved with making environments. So they can both put out missions and ships.

There are many factors to consider when making story missions, such as availability of actors if we have a canon character involved, time to make environments, any potential new assets, dialog script...
    I think Tacofangs once said that for a starship bridge it took several weeks. More if you include a full interior like they did with the Galaxy and Intrepid interiors. I wanna say 5-6 weeks. For a Starship Bridge. And that's not a large area.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Personally, I would like to encourage Cryptic to think about the members and to keep and generate paying customers in the form of Zen by creating new working content and less attention to offering new ships.
    I think this is a high churn short term strategy at best (ships = content).
    It's no good for Cryptic or for us players if neither the support takes care of the known bugs, nor if the gaming experience is limited to enjoying Rubberbanding, not even getting 2-3 reasonable, bug-free episodes within one year, but instead trying out new ships and traits in the always well known PVE missions, which long-serving players can play with closed eyes and which don't create a new long-term motivation.
    New long-term motivation is an important thing. It keeps players planning, playing, dreaming, spending, and engaged over the long term. Short term motivation based on fear of missing out with undertones of "I'm glad it's over in 18 minutes" only goes so far as does playing with one's character in the tailor.
    For our fleet this unfortunately leads to resignations and game breaks for an indefinite period of time, which can be absorbed more and more badly despite own events and an actually working community.
    It's almost similar to global warming when your community approaches a tipping point.
    This game has incredible potential that isn't necessarily being realized for some. I can understand how this could lead to frustration.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    Sometimes it's entirely possible to completely miss the point.
  • Options
    I don't think he has. Because a ship artist is not an environmental artist. They have teams that do different things.
    If the point is that ship artists should be working on other things... thats kinda like saying the environmental artists need to stop working on what they know and dive into the code for bug squishing. That's not only not their job, they don't know how to decipher raw code. That would be like trying to ask a professional painter to be a professional mechanic.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I would suggest trying to find a better translator, several parts of your post are completely incomprehensible. Your frustration with the major bugs this patch definitely comes through though, which I guess is the most important thing.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    protoneous wrote: »
    Sometimes it's entirely possible to completely miss the point.
    Then I'm not sure what the point was.
    I can completely agree with this.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I also want to point out that ships are also content. If someone's gonna say "content" in the broadest form, then ships are included. It's probably fair to even say that, for some players, ships are the most important content to them.

Also, this update came with a bunch of content. A ship, a mission with lots of key voice work, a TFO with entirely new (and sadly broken) mechanics. Also new weapons from Enterprise to top that off. So what even is the content that OP is saying is missing here??
  • Options
    • Nothing to do with broadest form.
    • That which creates new long term motivation.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ... with undertones of "I'm glad it's over in 18 minutes" only goes so far as does playing with one's self in the tailor.

TMI.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Post edited to playing with one's character in the tailor. No offense intended.
  • Options
    Just a case of foot-in-mouth eh? ;)
    Happens to everyone.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Post edited to playing with one's character in the tailor. No offense intended.

Don't worry about it. I knew what you meant. It was just a funny moment, is all. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.